JUDI GARMAN CLASSIC

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by as the world turns » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 am

Cal State WHO? :lol:
It's going to rain anyway.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Sftbll4ever » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 am

I hope it rains, my gametracker is not working on my computer at work. Something is wrong with the flashplayer and it is making me a very unhappy person.
Sftbll4ever

by oldNlazy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:40 am

A duel of California lefties and 2 top programs. It was a close game but in the end OU had a little too much Kailani Ricketts.
Oklahoma 0 1 0 0 0 1 0=2-7-0
Michigan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0=0-4-2
Wagner vs Ricketts
In the 1st of the evening's main events Chamberlain yanked one out to LF to give the Sooners the lead. Oklahoma got the 1st 2 runners on in the 3rd but couldn't advance them. It looked like OU had extended the lead in the 4th. Henson singled off the shortstop's glove and moved up on a ground ball. In a strategy that was widely questioned they walked Shultts intentionally to face Ricketts. She lifted a fly to deep left to bring in the run but on appeal the runner was judged to have left early. Michigan had their best chance in the 5th. Two singles and a hit batter loaded the bases with 1 out. A strikeout followed and a bouncer up the middle barely got the force at 2nd. The Sooners scored again in the 6th with help from the Michigan defense.
Two errors and a hit batter loaded the bases wit 0 outs. They got a pop out and a force at the plate but Norris singled to LF for the final run of the game.
oldNlazy

by oldNlazy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am

What is it about Louisiana? Two of ASU's 3 losses have come from teams from that state. An ASU fan behind me echoed my thoughts that this is what comes from loading your schedule with the Central Connecticut's of the world. Whatever the reason Wallace outdueled Escobedo and the Cajuns totally dominated the Sun Devils.
ULL 0 0 2 3 1 2 1=9-11-0
ASU 0 0 0 0 0 2 0=2-5-0
Escobedo vs Wallace
The Ragin Cajuns threatened in the 1st on a single by Smith and a walk to Orgeron but Dallas got Haake and Cormier to escape. The DEvils hit a couple of warning track fly balls but went out in order in the 1st and 2nd. Fernandez led off the 3rd with an IF single and Myers brought her home with a HR to CF. ASU threatened in the 3rd on a walk and single by Boyd but Wallace got Johnson to fly out.
ULL broke it open in the 4th. Cormier walked and Drehan hit the RF foul pole for a 2-run HR. Cherry singled and Murphy walked and after a double steal Cherry scored on a ground out. The 4th was typical for ASU; out in order and everything in the air. They hit only 5 balls on the ground all night and 2 of those came in the 7th. In the meantime ULL was not slowing down and Myers had seen enough of Escobedo. Popescue entered the circle and got the 1st 2 batters she faced but Cormier got a triple when the CF's diving catch failed. Drehan brought her in with a single up the middle and it was 6-0. In the ULL 6th Murph walked and moved up on a wild pitch and two outs later scored on Myers double. Orgeron walked and Haake provided a n RBI single.
With 2 outs until the run rule applied Boyd saved the day with a HR to left. Johnson then tripled off the LF fence and Lockwood walked. The Devils were a blast away from being back in the game when Smith made the defensive play of the night. It was a little looper to shallow left and she made a diving catch to get the important 2nd out. Freeman singled to center for another run but that was it for ASU. In the 7th Cherry walked and went to 2nd on a ground out. Fernandez hit a ground ball to Boyd who feeling she had no play at 1st whirled and threw to 3rd, Cherry just kept running and beat the throw to the plate.
oldNlazy

by as the world turns » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:35 am

They did allow coverage today and even allowed pictures:
:lol: :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by lucky » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:18 pm

thecloser02 wrote:The reason they got rained out is just bad karma.

heybucket offers to cover the games
cal state fullerton to cheap to give heybucket a pass
the softball gods pound them with rain
fullerton loses a game by 16 runs :lol: :lol:
boycott cal state fullerton softball

Dude, there is only one Closer... I'm just sayin'
lucky

by ridinsuicide » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 am

How bout them UL Ragin' Cajuns???? GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!
ridinsuicide

Previous

Return to College Softball