Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

NTC Clermont, FL

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by jonriv » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 am

Does anybody have any info on the NTC in Clermont, FL? My DDs "Spring Training" is there. How are the facilities? Any great restaurants? etc........
jonriv

by Wooahhhh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 am

I live in Orlando. The NTC is probably the most popular complex in Central Florida. The complex is in Clermont which is 20-30 miles West of downtown Orlando. The NTC has a top notch 4-plex (+1) that includes a very nice stadium that's built into the hill. All 8 classes of HS State Finals will be played here again this year and next. The surrounding area has plenty of hotels and chain restaurants, i.e., Panera, Ruby Tuesdays's, Chili's, etc. Great restaurants??? I'm biased toward the little fish camp joints on the different lakes in Clermont, but that's just me. It's a fast growing area of Central Florida. The main road that you're basically on, SR 50/Colonial Drive, is the main east-west road thru the state. Easy access to Universal/WDW & beaches. High's this week are 78, lows are 60. No rain till March or April. It's heaven, but don't tell anybody. Are you playing in DRichardson's College Invitational at NTC or part of the Rebel Games?
Wooahhhh

by jonriv » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:17 am

Thanks for the info- from what I have seen lots of hotel options.

DD is down there for the College Spring games- real nice for teams from the Northeast whose fields are still tundra in mid-March
jonriv

by joemcq51 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 am

DD played there a couple weekends ago. She will be there again next weekend. Very nice complex. Love the stadium seating on the main field. Nets overhead and cement pavement in the spectator area. Plenty of warm up areas.
joemcq51

by Wooahhhh » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 am

Some good games yesterday at the NTC. I watched Ohio State beat Florida Atlantic Univ (FAU), then North Carolina had FAU down after 4 innings. Got to sit in on the O-H-I-O cheer. Good stuff! Good crowds, too. Best wishes for the blue that took a hit in the stadium, I didn't see it. Hope he's feeling better today.
Wooahhhh

by jonriv » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 am

Seems there are several strategies teams utilize with respect to the Div III "Spring Games"

1) Teams with an established roster put the best nine out for all games and look to win every game- trying to use it as a lead-in for conference games and possibly an at-large bid

2) Teams with pitching questions use these non-conference games as a way to test and and establish their pitching rotation before facing the "more important" conference opponents

3) Teams use these non-conference games as a on the job tryout to decide on starting jobs for the rest of the season

4) Some teams utilize it as a chance to give everyone a chance to play before the "real" season starts

Different programs emphasize the conference championship and results more than others. Some feel that the Spring Games are the time to experiment an test- so you hit the conference games at full force others just want the wins-guess it depends on how set the roster is
jonriv

Return to College Softball