Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

College Softball

Priceless

Everything you want to know about the greatest game

by bigdog mom » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 pm

When your kid hits one way out of the park against those schools that would not give her the time of day when she was sending out all those letters and emails. Fortunate to be able to experience that a couple of times this year. One proud BigDogMom, looking forward to three more years.
bigdog mom

by DonnieS » Tue May 07, 2013 7:57 pm

bigdog mom wrote:When your kid hits one way out of the park against those schools that would not give her the time of day when she was sending out all those letters and emails. Fortunate to be able to experience that a couple of times this year. One proud BigDogMom, looking forward to three more years.

I agree totally - hasn't happened with my girls yet but maybe next year. One of my favorite kids did it against a school that - like you said - not the time of day - I wish I had been there. I had watched that kid play since she was 9, sometimes with my girls a lot of the time, against my girls, good kid. I loved it when I saw the news item. Not being related to the kid, I was close to cutting out the article and sending it back to those schools for them - but probably just get them in trouble.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by bigdog mom » Tue May 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey, a Conference Freshman of the Year and a Newcomer of the Year ain't too shabby for your girls. Gotta be a proud household today?
bigdog mom

by DonnieS » Tue May 07, 2013 8:22 pm

bigdog mom wrote:Hey, a Conference Freshman of the Year and a Newcomer of the Year ain't too shabby for your girls. Gotta be a proud household today?

Nice recognition but what they want more is for their team to win. This season is a first for the girls.

And yes, a very proud day for our household, plus DD1 got her highest semester grades this semester, DD2's grades not ready yet, she still hasn't turned in her final papers, she's majoring in procrastination.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by 3'sDad » Wed May 08, 2013 7:10 am

Donnie: DD1 highest grades ever is worth more than any game winning hit.....on procrastination; is your DD distantly related to my DD? Why do today what we can put off until later, thus making us all suffer?
3'sDad

by DonnieS » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 am

3'sDad wrote:Donnie: DD1 highest grades ever is worth more than any game winning hit.....on procrastination; is your DD distantly related to my DD? Why do today what we can put off until later, thus making us all suffer?

Maybe they need to feel the pressure and the stress. Maybe they enjoy driving their parents crazy.

I lean toward #2.
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

by hit4power » Wed May 08, 2013 8:42 am

When your kid hits one way out of the park against those schools that would not give her the time of day when she was sending out all those letters and emails. Fortunate to be able to experience that a couple of times this year. One proud BigDogMom, looking forward to three more years.

Amen - a program that wouldn't give my kid two cents for her softball skills took a pretty good beat down from DD when we played them. Priceless...

Just goes to show that the recruiting process is far from perfect. Also goes to show that things happen for a reason - DD wouldn't trade where she is to play anywhere else.
hit4power
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Wed May 08, 2013 10:51 am

A close second is finding out that your dd is the only player from the entire roster of a 14u tb team that cut her after one season to actually go on to play college ball :)
jonriv

by PDad » Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 pm

3'sDad wrote:... Why do today what we can put off until later, ...

I prefer - Why put off until later what you can forget altogether. :lol:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DonnieS » Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm

PDad wrote:
3'sDad wrote:... Why do today what we can put off until later, ...

I prefer - Why put off until later what you can forget altogether. :lol:

That ones only for professionals. :D
DonnieS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to College Softball