Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Harvard Park Field #3

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by langdojr » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 pm

PGF National Championship Tournament Harvard Park Field #3. It was brought to attention today 8/3/16 that the field 3 dimensions were not up to standard for this National Tournament. Home to pitching rubber 41', home to first 56'. When the UIC was approached and questioned about the matter he responded with....... What do you want me to do? The Tournament Director should have been called immediately and the field should be adjusted accordingly.
langdojr
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Makina » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm

How do you know, did you go out to the field and measure the field.
Makina

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Makina wrote:How do you know, did you go out to the field and measure the field.

He eyeballed it...

Dumb question!
tbjd33

by jmo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:50 pm

From one of the coaches involved yesterday.

Good morning Dan.

My apologies for misinformation last night. I'm sure you heard the chaos surrounding what transpired at Harvard Field 3 last night but the bottom line was that the field was indeed correct. In fact, all the fields have been impeccable!

The Coach for the opposing team kept walking out with his measure wheel and telling the umpires the bases were too short. And that the mound was too.

They ended up moving the bases back to over 65 feet. The head groundskeeper came out with a real measure tape after the game.

He should probably have been called first before anyone decided to move any bases as the field was set up correctly.

Please extend my compliments to your head groundskeeper. These fields are fantastic. And thankfully we came back late to win last night and are back today.

Mizuno Hawks Coach
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hollow Grind » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:51 pm

The more pressing issue with Field 3 was the foul stench of sewage all week long!
Hollow Grind

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch