Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Surf City Delays

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by BB2830 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:16 pm

I get both sides but think the poster makes valid points. We were fortunate enough to get invited to the PGF Elite 32 and played on the stadium fields at D9. Great exposure and experiences both. We also got stuck at a satellite field this weekend. Had a decent number of schools both days based on our body of work and the work put in by our coaches and players.

The point, and a valid one in my opinion, is that if you are paying high dollars for these events you should at a minimum receive a decent and safe playing venue, decent blues and a schedule prior to 3 days before the event starts. PGF / Surf City knew their event and field requirements long before the week before it began and this was not the first event of the Fall with these issues. Blame it on Tustin rec if you want but that is making excuses IMHO. Poor event management at a minimum. Yes, teams can make other choices, and they are out there, but we are all striving to place our DD's in the best position to get noticed and the process can be a guessing game at times.

Surf City should not get a pass just because we know there is a hierarchy and too much politics in place that often times is neither fair nor logical even.
BB2830

by artomatic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Ginzunz89 wrote:But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying

"those that at least kinda get what I'm saying" are disguised as crickets I guess...
welcome to heybucket.
Now go home and get your f¥€×/#€ shine box.
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:26 am

artomatic wrote:
Ginzunz89 wrote:But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying

"those that at least kinda get what I'm saying" are disguised as crickets I guess...
welcome to heybucket.
Now go home and get your f¥€×/#€ shine box.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeL8EYtbVw0
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:40 am

Tyler Durden wrote:
Ginzunz89 wrote:Mr. T. Dumb dumb :
I tried to explain but it's hopeless. You still missing point of conversation. You need to go back to English 101. But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying, hopefully next time people in charge can at least go see and inspect the field for safety. Remind yourself when you see my name again in December, I will be asking if you if you received a passing grade on that class I mentioned above. Maybe in December you can follow along with the class. I'm out, have a good night. Until December....lol

Are you still mad at me for calling you ginzuknives? I apologize for that, sometimes I get excited.

Could have called him Wubble Bubble... Not the sharpest tool on the Bucket...LOL!
tbjd33

by Sylmar-Softball » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:03 am

BB2830 wrote:I get both sides but think the poster makes valid points. We were fortunate enough to get invited to the PGF Elite 32 and played on the stadium fields at D9. Great exposure and experiences both. We also got stuck at a satellite field this weekend. Had a decent number of schools both days based on our body of work and the work put in by our coaches and players.

The point, and a valid one in my opinion, is that if you are paying high dollars for these events you should at a minimum receive a decent and safe playing venue, decent blues and a schedule prior to 3 days before the event starts. PGF / Surf City knew their event and field requirements long before the week before it began and this was not the first event of the Fall with these issues. Blame it on Tustin rec if you want but that is making excuses IMHO. Poor event management at a minimum. Yes, teams can make other choices, and they are out there, but we are all striving to place our DD's in the best position to get noticed and the process can be a guessing game at times.

Surf City should not get a pass just because we know there is a hierarchy and too much politics in place that often times is neither fair nor logical even.

Very well stated.
Sylmar-Softball

by extiger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 am

To most, I know I'm stating the obvious. It use to be that HB complex were the fields to play on. Surf City actually gave people what they waned. They opened up HB complex and Fountain Valley to the not so top and mediocre teams and moved all the top teams to Harvard Park where all the top college programs followed. Most of the college coaches at HP are there to watch their recruits and most are done recruiting at the 18 level. Smaller college programs will not waist their time by going to watch at HP because they know the odds of landing players from those top teams is unlikely. If you want your kid to play at Harvard Park I would suggest having them tryout for one of those top teams. Otherwise your probably playing at the "main" fields where the coaches are actively recruiting.
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Sylmar-Softball wrote:
BB2830 wrote:I get both sides but think the poster makes valid points. We were fortunate enough to get invited to the PGF Elite 32 and played on the stadium fields at D9. Great exposure and experiences both. We also got stuck at a satellite field this weekend. Had a decent number of schools both days based on our body of work and the work put in by our coaches and players.

Very well stated.

How is the hierarchy and politics neither fair nor logical?
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:09 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
I tried to explain but it's hopeless. You still missing point of conversation. You need to go back to English 101. But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying, hopefully next time people in charge can at least go see and inspect the field for safety. Remind yourself when you see my name again in December, I will be asking if you if you received a passing grade on that class I mentioned above. Maybe in December you can follow along with the class. I'm out, have a good night. Until December....lol

Are you still mad at me for calling you ginzuknives? I apologize for that, sometimes I get excited.

Could have called him Wubble Bubble... Not the sharpest tool on the Bucket...LOL!

Oh, turdy3, he may not be the sharpest tool, but you win the prize for the biggest tool :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by tbjd33 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:21 pm

as the world turns wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Oh, turdy3, he may not be the sharpest tool, but you win the prize for the biggest tool :lol:

Good catch... Had a feeling I would get that. All good and it's always entertaining lobbing grenades.

World I don't agree much if ever with you but I tip my cap to your comments. Yes I do believe it or not!

Still think your warped!
tbjd33

by tbjd33 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Fields do are terrible in most cases. My DD plays on one of "those" teams so we are fortunate, but I tell you we would never or would out organization head allow our DDs to play on those fields. Truthfully there is to much invested past, present and future at risk.

Who the hell cares about chalk...
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch