Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Surf City Delays

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Ginzunz89 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:18 pm

Maybe next time I'll say it in a different language. Stop being defensive and read/comprehend simple English. Not about coaches walking away, not about who was here and there, not about insecure coaches feeling intimidated by up and coming new teams. Here u go, I'll try it again,
I'll go slow, no batters box, 2 pitching mounds where the pitchers had to step over or land on another pitching mound while pitching, no crew to chalk up lines till last few games. No fouls lines.....I hope this reads simple enough, do you see anywhere here where it reads like what your talking about?? Read it 3x if you have to. Nothing about scouts, nothing about top teams and any teams, nothing about who's on first and who's on third. Lol...

I hope your reply is not about scouts walking away.....that'll be funny.... :lol:

Does anyone read it differently?? I was beginning to doubt myself, I had to re-read my original post.....

Ps. Stay focus
Ginzunz89
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sylmar-Softball » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Ginzunz89 wrote:Every so often, a field needs to be looked at before they assign games. Every so often, a discount would be good if a field is in bad shape.
If it's advertised that certain parks will be used, and we pay for to play in those parks, good. But if we end up playing in a garbage field, a little discount would be nice. In a perfect world right. So, has nothing to do with new or established team. Maybe it should be advertised as, if your new you will play in a field with no chalk, no watering down dirt, no food, no vending. ...then it will be up to each team to pay and play....

Honestly, I could give two turds about the umps, the fields, chalk. If you are getting to play on fields where coaches are showing up, that is all that matters. Stay focused.

If they take all the top tier teams and move them to East Whittier, then everyone would want to be at East Whittier.

What you should care about as a coach is maximizing your opportunities to play in front of coaches. To do that you need to maximize your teams opportunities to play teams that are up market from your team. To play teams that have more coaches than your team does.

It is important to realize that when that team up the food chain from yours has to come down and play your team, they are not accomplishing their goals.

Think a bit about what Under the Radar's post shows. It shows that his team can draw coaches to Artesia. This will do more than anything else to help swing better opportunities to his team in the future. Other coaches see their hard work and they want to be on the field with his team.

I know it is a stacked process and for new teams that do not have much reputation it all seems unfair/impossible. For instance go down to Artesia and find Under the Radar's team, maybe pm him here. Of course, when those coaches are there watching his kids, a team manager is not going to have any time for you. At some point his team comes off the field, he has the manager talk, and sends his kids on their way. At that point go up to him, introduce yourself, ask him if he can take a few minutes to work with you. Ask him questions.

It is pretty typical for Surf City, or other bigger organizers. If you are a middle team, you often get one higher end team to play, 4 teams at your level, and one up and coming team to play. You want to be that up and coming team. By taking some time and getting to know as many of the teams that are up market from your team. Introduce yourself. Show you are willing to put in the hard work to be a successful manager. They will help you because they were you a few years ago.

If all you care about is good fields, chalk and umps, then surf city is just the wrong choice for you. There are plenty of tournament guys that have those things covered. They will not have any coaches, but great fields and umps and chalk. If you are interested in maximizing playing in front of college coaches, then surf city has something to offer. I am just trying to point out how to maximize your efforts if you choose surf city.

Who said this was ALL we cared about? The plain truth is we pay good money for these showcases and there are certainly responsibilities that the organizers have to insure at least decent facilities where the fields are not hazardous to the players. You seem to want to dismiss all accountability for the organizers to do this, yet they still get to collect the fees. Stating that we should maximize our efforts (which we do) doesn't mean the organizers are free from their responsibilities. Should not their purpose be to "always improve" as well? Using a Bulletin Board to exchange these ideas and bring these things to light was the entire point I would think.
Sylmar-Softball

by jonriv » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:37 pm

If you don't like, don't go go, don't pay......... Pretty simple
jonriv

by Sylmar-Softball » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:46 pm

jonriv wrote:If you don't like, don't go go, don't pay......... Pretty simple

I agree, however if the issue is raised, perhaps it will improve, or at least they will know why teams stop attending..
Sylmar-Softball

by Tyler Durden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Sylmar-Softball wrote:

I agree, however if the issue is raised, perhaps it will improve, or at least they will know why teams stop attending..

We understand your complaints. What is amusing about you and ginzuknives on here making these complaints, is that YOU WILL STILL SIGN UP FOR MORE PGF TOURNAMENTS. You will whine, look for support, get none, and then change your screen name and be back at east Whittier in December.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Sylmar-Softball » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Sylmar-Softball wrote:

We understand your complaints. What is amusing about you and ginzuknives on here making these complaints, is that YOU WILL STILL SIGN UP FOR MORE PGF TOURNAMENTS. You will whine, look for support, get none, and then change your screen name and be back at east Whittier in December.

Don't quit your day job to be a fortune teller.
Sylmar-Softball

by Fastpitch4Life » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:53 pm

There are other choices out there. Arguably the top 2 teams from So Cal in 14U didn't go to Surf City, they chose the Triple Crown showcase. Big name schools signed up to attend this event. It would be interesting to have folks who attended this showcase share their experience.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Sylmar-Softball wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:
Ginzunz89 wrote:Every so often, a field needs to be looked at before they assign games. Every so often, a discount would be good if a field is in bad shape.
If it's advertised that certain parks will be used, and we pay for to play in those parks, good. But if we end up playing in a garbage field, a little discount would be nice. In a perfect world right. So, has nothing to do with new or established team. Maybe it should be advertised as, if your new you will play in a field with no chalk, no watering down dirt, no food, no vending. ...then it will be up to each team to pay and play....

Honestly, I could give two turds about the umps, the fields, chalk. If you are getting to play on fields where coaches are showing up, that is all that matters. Stay focused.

If they take all the top tier teams and move them to East Whittier, then everyone would want to be at East Whittier.

What you should care about as a coach is maximizing your opportunities to play in front of coaches. To do that you need to maximize your teams opportunities to play teams that are up market from your team. To play teams that have more coaches than your team does.

It is important to realize that when that team up the food chain from yours has to come down and play your team, they are not accomplishing their goals.

Think a bit about what Under the Radar's post shows. It shows that his team can draw coaches to Artesia. This will do more than anything else to help swing better opportunities to his team in the future. Other coaches see their hard work and they want to be on the field with his team.

I know it is a stacked process and for new teams that do not have much reputation it all seems unfair/impossible. For instance go down to Artesia and find Under the Radar's team, maybe pm him here. Of course, when those coaches are there watching his kids, a team manager is not going to have any time for you. At some point his team comes off the field, he has the manager talk, and sends his kids on their way. At that point go up to him, introduce yourself, ask him if he can take a few minutes to work with you. Ask him questions.

It is pretty typical for Surf City, or other bigger organizers. If you are a middle team, you often get one higher end team to play, 4 teams at your level, and one up and coming team to play. You want to be that up and coming team. By taking some time and getting to know as many of the teams that are up market from your team. Introduce yourself. Show you are willing to put in the hard work to be a successful manager. They will help you because they were you a few years ago.

If all you care about is good fields, chalk and umps, then surf city is just the wrong choice for you. There are plenty of tournament guys that have those things covered. They will not have any coaches, but great fields and umps and chalk. If you are interested in maximizing playing in front of college coaches, then surf city has something to offer. I am just trying to point out how to maximize your efforts if you choose surf city.

Who said this was ALL we cared about? The plain truth is we pay good money for these showcases and there are certainly responsibilities that the organizers have to insure at least decent facilities where the fields are not hazardous to the players. You seem to want to dismiss all accountability for the organizers to do this, yet they still get to collect the fees. Stating that we should maximize our efforts (which we do) doesn't mean the organizers are free from their responsibilities. Should not their purpose be to "always improve" as well? Using a Bulletin Board to exchange these ideas and bring these things to light was the entire point I would think.

I am not dismissing anything. I am telling you that surf city is not for you. If you care deeply about the things you feel you 'pay' good money for, sorry, that is just not surf city. Look at the other organizers..

In fact, surf city largely started to replace organizers that seemed to only care about chalk, fields and umps.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Ginzunz89 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Mr. T. Dumb dumb :
I tried to explain but it's hopeless. You still missing point of conversation. You need to go back to English 101. But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying, hopefully next time people in charge can at least go see and inspect the field for safety. Remind yourself when you see my name again in December, I will be asking if you if you received a passing grade on that class I mentioned above. Maybe in December you can follow along with the class. I'm out, have a good night. Until December....lol
Ginzunz89
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Ginzunz89 wrote:Mr. T. Dumb dumb :
I tried to explain but it's hopeless. You still missing point of conversation. You need to go back to English 101. But for those that at least kinda get what I'm saying, hopefully next time people in charge can at least go see and inspect the field for safety. Remind yourself when you see my name again in December, I will be asking if you if you received a passing grade on that class I mentioned above. Maybe in December you can follow along with the class. I'm out, have a good night. Until December....lol

Are you still mad at me for calling you ginzuknives? I apologize for that, sometimes I get excited.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch