Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Player Eligibility Question

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:18 pm

PGF has not yet updated their rules for 2016, but I wanted to clarify what I am reading for 2015.

2015 Player eligibility states:

Age Divisions - The 18U Division will now be based on age as are the other Divisions. A player need not have attended HS in 2014 but may NOT have participated in any practice, conditioning or play with any JC nor 4 year college/university in the current school year (September through June).

All age divisions must be no older than the PGF age for their respective divisions as of January 1, 2015. This information will be verified when purchasing PGF insurance or registering as a PGF team.

If these same rules apply to 2016 would any player that has not played with a JC or 4 year college that is 18 on January 1, 2016 be eligible to play PGF this summer?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Bumping this so that hopefully our usual PGF answer men (JMO and/or PDad) see the post.

Can anyone verify that I am interpreting last year's rule correctly? And does anyone know if (or expect that) the rules will stay the same?

Thanks in advance!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:39 pm

You're getting better FPD05 - you waited 20 hours for a response instead of just 30 minutes!

PGF's eligibility rule basically excludes anyone that has participated with a college team - even if it is just practice or conditioning. I asked jmo whether that included pure tryout(s) without any team practices/workouts and he replied that would require board approval since it is borderline - sounds like they will evaluate that on a case-by-case basis.

jmo's response also indicates that rule isn't changing.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:50 pm

PDad wrote:You're getting better FPD05 - you waited 20 hours for a response instead of just 30 minutes!

PGF's eligibility rule basically excludes anyone that has participated with a college team - even if it is just practice or conditioning. I asked jmo whether that included pure tryout(s) without any team practices/workouts and he replied that would require board approval since it is borderline - sounds like they will evaluate that on a case-by-case basis.

jmo's response also indicates that rule isn't changing.

Thanks PDad...I'm 40 times the man I used to be! :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch