Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

16u PGF finals-very impressive

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by TNL Jerry » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Just wanted to congratulate Tampa Mustangs and Beverly Bandits-Demarini for reaching the finals for PGF 16u premier division. What makes it most impressive is they both lost their first bracket game and each won 11 in a row(I think) to get to the finals. Well done and best of luck to both teams.

Jerry Delamater
The Next Level
TNL Jerry

by TNL Jerry » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Update-Bandits ONLY had to win 10(my bad), Mustangs had a play in game in the losers bracket to get to their 11 wins :shock: :shock: :shock: Both teams should ask for some hotel credit for next year since the were never there this year......
TNL Jerry

by Hurricane » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:22 am

WOW! That is impressive! Way to go girls! Now that's a good back story to this year's PGF Championship run.

Well, that.....

and.....

How in the heck a FireCrackers team or a OC-BB team didn't somehow worm their way into the championship game. With all the girls to borrow, steal, or choose from in their organizations' teams, it's always a miracle when you don't see the machine's team in the finals.

So, another mountain the other teams had to climb besides the 10 games from the loser's bracket.

:mrgreen:

.....countdown to TD going all personal on me now......5-4-3-2-1.....
Hurricane

by as the world turns » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:50 am

Hurricane wrote:WOW! That is impressive! Way to go girls! Now that's a good back story to this year's PGF Championship run.

Well, that.....

and.....

How in the heck a FireCrackers team or a OC-BB team didn't somehow worm their way into the championship game. With all the girls to borrow, steal, or choose from in their organizations' teams, it's always a miracle when you don't see the machine's team in the finals.

So, another mountain the other teams had to climb besides the 10 games from the loser's bracket.

:mrgreen:

.....countdown to TD going all personal on me now......5-4-3-2-1.....

It must be the coaching that makes the difference :shock: :o
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by yosoftball18 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:15 am

I'm glad there are multiple Non So Cal teams in later bracket games and championships at all levels. It shows there is truly parity in the game and PGF is a legit national championship. Not the "So Cal Only" tourney the neigh sayers have been claiming for years. I'm sure there are still adjustments the board can make to improve it, but at least it appears to be heading in the right direction.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:03 am

TNL Jerry wrote:Update-Bandits ONLY had to win 10(my bad), Mustangs had a play in game in the losers bracket to get to their 11 wins :shock: :shock: :shock: Both teams should ask for some hotel credit for next year since the were never there this year......

Great point on the hotel credit...

PGF's recent schedule changes made it more feasible to make those runs - adding another day and starting the losers bracket like normal after the first round of the winners bracket (PGF had previously delayed starting the losers bracket so teams wouldn't be eliminated the first day - 12 16U teams were eliminated the first day this year). Bandit's 10 wins were spread evenly across 3 days - 3 on Wed, 3 on Thur and 4 on Fri. Tampa played 3 on Tue, 2 on Wed, 3 on Thu and 4 on Fri. With a blind draw, I think it's good no one has to play 5+ games a day.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:42 pm

[quote="as the world turns"It must be the coaching that makes the difference :shock: :o[/quote]

hee hee - :lol: good one!

I know. I have seen some of "those" coaches in action. Ouch.

But, they do get the players somehow to come to their teams anyway. So, congrats to them and the machine. It works for them.
Hurricane

by Opposite Field » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:15 am

Really have to be impressed with the Mustangs run. After a 1-0 loss in game 1, the scores at least, made it look easy for the next 6 or 7 games. To the extent you can ever cruise through a PGF losers bracket, they did it.

I'm very late to the party, but all top teams should be shooting for this tournament. In fact, at least in Texas, if a below 18U team didn't make PGF, they just seemed to travel to Reno for TCS nationals rather than the alternative. We'll see if the JO Cup idea was just a one year pull of some very good Gold teams or if it will continue as an alternative.
Opposite Field

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch