Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Did "juandoe" Move Up to 14s?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by abomb36 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Looking for some predictions for the 12U PGF from "The Swami" of youth softball.

Seems like BB Mascarenas is the team to beat with Corona Angels, Firecrackers Cerritos, and So Cal Choppers close behind. Some good team travelling in from TX, GA, and other places too though.

Who could be this year's Genies?
abomb36

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:26 pm

Juan Doe did some tremendous work in 12U a couple years ago. I have an inkling what team his DD played for, but the analysis was always objective and right on from my limited knowledge base. I think most TB parents tire of the drama by the time they get to 14U. Too busy thinking about recruiting, affording all the showcase travel, etc. Hopefully someone lke yourself can step up and rally the 12U parents to get some good entertaining dialogue going :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by pwrspdeg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 am

BB Mascarenas , FC TJ, Choppers and Corona Angels are pretty good, but there are still some sleeper teams out there that have played these teams tough and in some cases, even beaten those top teams. BB Montoya and BB Aleah are competitive with great pitching and defense. SO. Cal A's Keester, OC United Viles and Corona Cats are pretty good as well. Good hitting squads. Everyone has worked hard all season and have gotten better. It's going to be a fun and competitive week of softball. Good luck to all the teams and players next week.
pwrspdeg

by abomb36 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Can only speak about the east coast team from experience.

GA Select is a very good hitting team with some big wins against some of the other GA power house teams.

Birmingham TBolts are a well coached squad that have looked stronger as the year has progressed. Lost a tough back and forth game on the last out to the Vienna Stars at Futures Elite.

GA Impact Nelwand has a couple very fast girls and good corner defense and can be dangerous.

GA Intensity have been very good as well getting deep in tournaments and added a left pitcher for PGF that has really good movement on her ball.

Firecracker Sewell have stolen a few games from the top GA teams and can't be overlooked.

Maybe somebody from Texas can give us the real rundown, but just comparing what those teams have done to the ones we have seen at tournaments looks like Glory 2020 are a really good squad. Texas Impact Gold Elder might have a slight edge on Blaze Lindsey as they defeated them in a close 1-0 game at Sparkler in the championship bracket. Hotshots Gold out of Houston area were also championship bracket finishers. While TX Aces Jacoby didn't make it to the championship bracket, they were 4-0 in pool play.
abomb36

by juandoe » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm

I like BB Mascarenas to win it. After watching them jump on GA Impact 01 at PGF 8-0 after 2 innings, before winning 9-4. The day after they jump on the Firecrackers 01 6-0 after 5 inning before winning 11-4. They followed that up the next day jumping on BB Stith 4-0 and pulled off a 13-3 win. The only teams they lost to iwere the So Cal As, and were eliminated by the Firecrackers 01 in ITB on a bomb hit by the kid going to UCLA. They beat some of the best 01 teams in the country last year at PGF. And the teams they lost to are the top two 01 teams in the country. The girls on that team are Gamers. And they feed off their parents, who don't stay quiet. I can still hear them chanting All Dayyyyyy, All day all day all day. All Dayyyy All Dayyy. Georgia Impact 02 Newland is a solid team, Corona Angels 02 - Tyson also another very good team. Those teams I know can play and should give them a run for their money..
juandoe

by abomb36 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Yes... he's baaaack! :P
abomb36

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch