Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Invites to PGF?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Daddyballsux » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:03 am

I heard that non qualifying teams can ask for an invitation to PGF if they performed well at the qualifiers. Any truth to this?
Also anyone know if they will take invites for 12-U and when this would happen?
Daddyballsux

by PDad » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Terminology: Invites are issued before the qualifiers. What you're asking about are called At-Large Berths, where the PGF board offers berths due to an incomplete qualifier and fills vacancies in the divisions.

Looks like they will be extending at least 4 more berths for 12U since there are currently 48 teams listed and the capacity is 52 (per Bret). The 3 12U teams currently listed were offered berths shortly after the N-TX qualifier was rained out. There may be more if some of the late qualifiers don't enter by the deadline.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Daddyballsux » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:18 am

Thanks for the response, the situation is much clearer now. I checked the PGF website and the remaining 7 teams that have not registered are qualified teams so I'm sure they will take care of it before the deadline.

Trying to figure out what 4 teams are most deserving will be a daunting task to say the least. I would think that due to travel and time restraints they will hopefully offer at large berths to local teams and we will have a shot?!?!?!
Daddyballsux

by fontana10! » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:09 pm

I have a question. How many total berths are given in the 14u premier and platinum? Thank you
fontana10!

by AlwaysImprove » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:59 pm

from http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tournaments-national-championships.php
Premier
Total berths = 57
Returning berths = 5
Invites = 8
Qualifiers = 41
At Large = 3

Platinum
Total berths = 38
Returning Berths = 2
Invites = 4
Qualifiers = 20
At Large = 12
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:45 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:from http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/tournaments-national-championships.php
Premier
Total berths = 57
Returning berths = 5
Invites = 8
Qualifiers = 41
At Large = 3

Platinum
Total berths = 38
Returning Berths = 2
Invites = 4
Qualifiers = 20
At Large = 12

Total teams per age division
18 Premier - 72
18 Platinum - 52
16 Premier - 68
16 Platinum - 36
14 Premier - 68
14 Platinum - 36
12U - 52
10U - 32
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:25 am

Daddyballsux wrote:Thanks for the response, the situation is much clearer now. I checked the PGF website and the remaining 7 teams that have not registered are qualified teams so I'm sure they will take care of it before the deadline. It appears 1 of the 7 didn't enter...

Trying to figure out what 4 teams are most deserving will be a daunting task to say the least. I would think that due to travel and time restraints they will hopefully offer at large berths to local teams and we will have a shot?!?!?!

5 more At Large teams added. Looks like the 12U teams are set.

Central Cal Dirt Dogs Davis
OC Batbusters Blake
Idaho Flash
So Cal Athletics Vasquez
OC Batbusters Amador
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Daddyballsux » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:05 pm

I won't name my daughters team but they got hosed.
Her team has beaten two of those teams more than once. The only way this makes sense is if they pulled names out of a hat
Daddyballsux

by jonriv » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 am

Daddyballsux wrote:I won't name my daughters team but they got hosed.
Her team has beaten two of those teams more than once. The only way this makes sense is if they pulled names out of a hat

The problem with"at-large" bids is that someone will always have some arguement about it being unfair, abritrary etc…..They are also a great way of filling brackets, expanding influence, rewarding supporters
jonriv

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 am

At least now,, with PGF, you know that Brett, and company are very close to the sport. They watch tons of games and know tons of coaches. They are definitely expending effort to get the more competitive teams. It can be gamed, marketed into, but they do a pretty good job of looking into which teams are more competitive.

With ASA, it was really about who clapped and cheered loudest during the umpire parade and saying things like "Midland is awesome place to be on August 1st, "
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch