Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

CONSISTENCY at the PGF Qualifiers??

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by drvcm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Why doesn't PGF standardize and be consistent with the different qualifier tournaments?? Case in point-the qualifying games at the Stockton, CA qualifier had a time limit of 1hr 40 min. (no new inning after this time at least till final games I believe but may be wrong). HOWEVER- the qualifier games at the Portland, OR games this past weekend had NO time limit resulting in at least one game going over 2 1/2 hrs to complete (in 90+ degree heat no less). This would seem unfair as the qualifiers should each have the same rules regarding something like game time limits, imo. Even if the tourneys are not actually hosted by PGF, they are being played for the sole purpose of qualifying FOR PGF- so shouldn't all the tournaments across the country be required to have the same exact set of rules????
drvcm

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 pm

I guess officially time limits are not in the rule book, in any fashion, that I am aware.

I think most people would prefer to play the game they way it was designed to be played. For softball that is 7 innings. Unfortunately that is just not practical in a lot of other areas of the country. It has always been this way. Some areas time limits are way more important.

Why should one area that has a lot more fields be forced to impose time limits?

Anyway, I am sure it is not that hard to find out the time limit nature of a tournament and prepare your team for it. Everyone at that tournament has to play by that set of rules.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NumeroUno » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:07 pm

I think any qualifier or national tourney should not have a time limit.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by LeftyHitter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:32 am

Here in the Midwest (Illinois and Indiana), the only way they have a time limit for a qualifier is if there has been weather delays. Then they impose time limits to get games in. I heard the qualifier in Westfield a couple weeks ago went to 1 hour or 5 inning games after a lot of rain. I think that is taking it too far and changes the dynamics of the game too much. The one in Crowin Point the week before cancelled the loser bracket. It's been a very bad year for weather and softball around here. At least the St. Charles qualifier got all the games in last weekend (or at least until berths were decided).
LeftyHitter

by as the world turns » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 am

Yet, the dinosaurs still think National Championships should be played in this weather in August. No time limit or weather delays in SoCal.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by softballmom247 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:24 am

NumeroUno wrote:I think any qualifier or national tourney should not have a time limit.

Seriously, HB needs a "LIKE" button....
softballmom247

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:10 pm

softballmom247 wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I think any qualifier or national tourney should not have a time limit.

I disagree. Adding a Like button will just discourage actual posting IMO.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
softballmom247 wrote:

I agree with softballmom. i don't think it would discourage posting. I have noticed on HB there are a lot of opinions . Some are very strong & some are very mean and/or nasty in spirit. These people with these strong feelings would never STOP posting about how they feel on an issue or miss the opportunity to put someone down or make someone feel bad or miss the opportunity to point out what an idiot you are for saying something.. Believe me, I've seen it. Maybe some people prefer to just say, "Well, said, nicely thought out," or "I totally agree, " without having to spend too much time on it. The internet already sucks up a lot of our time. BUT, that's just MHO, so I could be worng. I am the idiot who is usually wrong about everything i say on HB... LOL :lol: :oops: .
GRANADAFAN01

by jonriv » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:24 pm

GRANADAFAN01 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
softballmom247 wrote:

I agree with softballmom. i don't think it would discourage posting. I have noticed on HB there are a lot of opinions . Some are very strong & some are very mean and/or nasty in spirit. These people with these strong feelings would never STOP posting about how they feel on an issue or miss the opportunity to put someone down or make someone feel bad or miss the opportunity to point out what an idiot you are for saying something.. Believe me, I've seen it. Maybe some people prefer to just say, "Well, said, nicely thought out," or "I totally agree, " without having to spend too much time on it. The internet already sucks up a lot of our time. BUT, that's just MHO, so I could be worng. I am the idiot who is usually wrong about everything i say on HB... LOL :lol: :oops: .

Imo you're an idiot! :D
jonriv

by as the world turns » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:00 pm

GRANADAFAN01 wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
softballmom247 wrote:

An English major, right?? :mrgreen:
Last edited by as the world turns on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch