Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

How Do You Explain PGF Nationals Level vs ASA, etc. to the M

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by abomb36 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:22 am

This will be DD's first trip to PGF Nationals and it is at the 12U level. We are coming from out of state where PGF is not as established, so how would you explain the competition level to those who are trying to understand why a team would go there vs ASA?

I've explained the tougher qualification process, concentrated CA talent, premier travel organizations participation, etc. and talked to others who have experienced it, but wondering what else could (or should) be said from those who have been there.

Thanks
abomb36

by jonriv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:56 am

Ask battle :D
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:46 am

First off congratulations to your team for earning a berth, this is no small accomplishment. For many seek, but few succeed on such high goal.
Let's start off with location and weather. Late July low humidity , Mid 80's, chance of rain or thunder storm zero.
Things to do while not on the fields. Sorry no John Deer Museum here, Beach (cost free), Disney Land ($$$$$) Knott's Berry Farm ($$), Angles and Dodgers ball fields close(fair price) Food and Malls (plenty).
The parks where games are played are multi field complexes that are pleasant and kept in good condition.

As for competition levels and other sanctioning bodies, that depends on team goals and team caliber.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 am

Let's see - by not going to ASA, you will miss out on the parade of umpires at opening ceremonies - this highlight is a fan favorite. :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Safebyahare » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

as the world turns wrote:Let's see - by not going to ASA, you will miss out on the parade of umpires at opening ceremonies - this highlight is a fan favorite. :lol:

Thanks ATWT I had forgotten those cherished important memorable parades. Image

Or sitting in some hot and humid stadium for hours while board members pat each other on the back and telling everyone how awesome they are.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:01 am

Awesome picture!

Start with last years results:
http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/Order_of_finish/2014_18premier_18platinum_12U.pdf
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Play-ASA/ASA-National-Championships-and-Qualifiers/ASA-Prior-Champions

Then go through the top x number of teams on both lists. See if there are any teams from your area that finished well in tournaments and went on to play in ASA or PGF, then see where they finished.

Even at the 12U level it is going to be pretty easy to see the more competitive teams go to premier. So Cal Atheletics, Cal Breeze, OC BatBusters, Corona Angles, AZ Hotshots, WA Ladyhawks, Grapettes, NJ Intensity, Team North Florida, Birmingham Thunderbolts, East Cobb Bullets, Killer Bees, Cruisers, Indiana Magic. You just are not going to compete with that list of teams and ogs. These orgs regularly put competitive teams on the field.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by abomb36 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:18 pm

What... No umpire parade? How can PGF call themselves a "Nationals" without that?

Thanks for the insight.
abomb36

by NumeroUno » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Abamb I have been to many ASA nationals and loved them all. I have been away from that great age of 12U for many years and really miss that age. I cant talk for the 12U division but in the 18U/ high school division PGF is second to none. Their was a 16U southern california team that finished top 10 at ASA 18U nationals maybe top 5 that didn't win 16U PGF. The best teams in the country or most of the best teams in the country will be at PGF. Good luck and make it fun
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Atindell » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:53 am

Follow the College Coaches. Thats basically all you need to know.
Atindell

by NumeroUno » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:29 pm

That depends which college you are talking about. Their will be plenty of coaches at ASA nationals but pac 12, SEC etc. will be at PGF
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch