Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Bat Checks at PGF Championships Make Sense???

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Justin.pontes wrote:PGF needs to make this a priority, there are teams that have bats that have been altered across the board. i am on my second round of TB with my older DD as a senior this coming year in college. i dont think this was to much of a issue 4-8 years ago. Coaching my younger DD now and when you have 11, 12 and 13 year old kids hitting the ball 220-270 it is obviously the bat and not the 100 pound kid hitting it. Some teams have a few bats handed down between the whole team, some teams have multiple bats. (12-14 Grey/Blue Eastons in one line up) We were in 12 last year and now in 14 and everyone knows what teams that have these bats and the results they get out of it. It has become more and more the standard including in 14, 16. Not as much in 18 as most teams are sponsored and using new bats as their kids are old enough that can hit the ball 220 and dont need to use a altered bat. It is basically cheating the game and unfair to the teams that are using regulation bats not to say it is a safety issue that will have consequences when someone is hurt. There will be a pitcher, 1st or 3rd that will get hurt.

PGF is aware of this issue and does nothing about regulations and standards within their organization they will also be liable.

PGF has to make this part of their system, so all teams and all players are equal and for the safety of the kids. It wouldnt take much time at Nationals during registration to check 12-20 bats per team and stamp them or tag them accordingly.

PGF is at the highest standard as a organization so i would hope this would be a huge priority of theirs moving forward and not to turn a shoulder and ignore this ongoing movement. i know most of PGF board and ownership are also coaching teams that will or have been seeing the same.

Not taking a side here, but I'm curious where you get your information that "PGF is aware of this issue and does nothing about regulations and standards within their organization"?
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:59 pm

Hold on - a 14U hitting a ball 270?? come on now :lol: :roll: Does she also pitch 70 mph? But I do agree, do the damn bat tests, I hate cheaters.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by Safebyahare » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:44 pm

as the world turns wrote:Hold on - a 14U hitting a ball 270?? come on now :lol: :roll: Does she also pitch 70 mph? But I do agree, do the damn bat tests, I hate cheaters.

If there is one thing I hate more than progressive liberal ideology and its influence,
it's liars and cheats.
If they are the best,,,,then they need to act like the best and check bats.
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

by as the world turns » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Safebyahare wrote:
as the world turns wrote:Hold on - a 14U hitting a ball 270?? come on now :lol: :roll: Does she also pitch 70 mph? But I do agree, do the damn bat tests, I hate cheaters.

If there is one thing I hate more than progressive liberal ideology and its influence,
it's liars and cheats.
If they are the best,,,,then they need to act like the best and check bats.

Ooookaaay Hare.......drinking a bit early today - are we?
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by kevin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 pm

Every one knows one bat in particular makes everyone raise their eyebrows, the old Grey and Blue Synergy. Not saying they are all shaved, but I will say that there is almost zero chance it would ever pass a compression test.

Those that choose to use that bat better get used to fans, parents, players, and college coaches questioning their ability to hit without it. Right or wrong, it is what it is. As I was told one story of a kid at a college camp being told to use a different bat and the results were less than flattering.

The easier way is just to go to the NCAA list of approved bats. Use a bat made in the last 5 years and perhaps then this topic would be put to rest.
kevin

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch