Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

National Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by newbie101 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 am

I was looking at the teams signed up for the 14u & 16u AZ & NV Qualifiers,

in 14u 95% of the teams are from CA & in 16u 80% are from CA. My question is with so many CA teams traveling so far & spending lots of money on travel expenses, why doesn't PGF just add 1 or 2 more So Cal Qualifiers? At least that way the local teams would have a chance at getting in from these States & you can save your supporters in So Cal $$$$.?
newbie101
Premium Member
Premium Member

by extiger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 am

Out of state qualifiers are held by their local representatives not by reps from California. PGF gives non California states the option to host a qualifier. Teams from California travel because they feel it may be easier to qualify. I know of a Cali team that is planning to travel to Indianapolis because the coach feels the competition is not as stiff as in California therefore making it easier to qualify.
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BB2830 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Yes but there is good reason why the 1 and only 1 So Cal qualifier is in mid June. Get the CA teams to go chase. I agree it would make sense to hold an initial qualifier in So Cal early in the qualifying season and then another one later on so teams have a chance to qualify prior to spending the money to travel to Vegas, Phoenix and all the other locations before that last chance qual opportunity.
BB2830

by AgentIceMom » Fri May 01, 2015 6:39 am

I believe the reason the So Cal Quailier is Mid-June is beacause a High School softball doesn't end until the first week in June. (If teams make it into playoffs, etc.)
AgentIceMom

by Lace » Fri May 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Its the only time all year they actually travel. It seems Cali team don't play travel ball anymore. I guess they don't have to. They stay home and make everyone else travel to them. Cant say I blame them.
Lace

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Lace wrote:Its the only time all year they actually travel. It seems Cali team don't play travel ball anymore. I guess they don't have to. They stay home and make everyone else travel to them. Cant say I blame them.

Do you have facts to back this up? Because I have facts that prove otherwise.

My DD's last travel team has been to NYC, Reno, and Boulder (twice) in the last 2 summer seasons and they are traveling to New Jersey, Boulder and Reno this summer and none of these are for qualifiers.

I'll bet if you looked at the schedules for the vast majority of So Cal travel teams you'll see that they do travel quite a bit.

The truth of it is, like Texas and a few other select markets there is no need to travel far to play top notch competition so why do it? The only time to travel is for Nationals and right now with PGF leading the way, a lot of the best national tourneys are right here in So Cal.

But to say that we "don't play travel ball anymore" is just incorrect.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch