Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

QUALIFYING

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by GRANADAFAN01 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:38 am

i understand that once a team earns (or is offered) a PGF Nationals Berth, they run the risk of losing that Berth if they continue playing in the qualifiers & lose. But what if a team qualifies for a platinum Berth & wants to continue trying for a Premier Berth... Same rule? Play at your own risk? just wandering.... Thanks to whomever answers.
GRANADAFAN01

by jmo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:53 am

GRANADAFAN01 wrote:i understand that once a team earns (or is offered) a PGF Nationals Berth, they run the risk of losing that Berth if they continue playing in the qualifiers & lose. But what if a team qualifies for a platinum Berth & wants to continue trying for a Premier Berth... Same rule? Play at your own risk? just wandering.... Thanks to whomever answers.

A team that QUALIFIES for a Platinum berth can continue on and play for a Premier berth at the next qualifier WITHOUT losing their Platinum berth. They do need to pay within 10 days of earning their Platinum berth to keep their berth.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks JMO.... Good to know!
GRANADAFAN01

by BB2830 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:47 pm

We were a platinum qualified team and we were told that since we told PGF that we were looking to qualify for PGF Premier that we were removed from being automatically qualified for Platinum. If we are understanding this correctly let me know but we fell out of the list that showed us platinum qualified and were told that is was because we indicated that we were going after Premier.
BB2830

by jmo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:08 pm

BB2830 wrote:We were a platinum qualified team and we were told that since we told PGF that we were looking to qualify for PGF Premier that we were removed from being automatically qualified for Platinum. If we are understanding this correctly let me know but we fell out of the list that showed us platinum qualified and were told that is was because we indicated that we were going after Premier.

If you are an INVITED or RETURNING BERTH Platinum team, then you cannot play in a qualifier. Only a team that plays in a qualifier and earns the Platinum berth in that qualifier can continue on trying to earn a Premier berth without losing it.

Feel free to give me a call at 714-785-2120 with any questions.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch