Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF - Do it right or dont do it at all (10U)

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 am

I loved traveling when my kids were young and so did they. Going to places to play ball that you would never go to was great.

We always took the team to see something cool. Like battle fields in Georgia, Field of Dreams in Iowa, John Deer IL, not sure that was their favorite. Saw the Rosa Parks museum and many more things over the years.

We saw rain coming in sideways like we had never seen, lightening bolts 5 at a time. Some places were hot, sticky and miserable and I loved every second of it.

I miss those days

Don't get me wrong the cool ocean breeze in your mug at Huntington Beach in July is not to shabby
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by Mr. Observation » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Suckupsrule, I mean catcherulez. I'm glad you like sugar in your kool aid. It taste good but with too much sugar it can be bad for you! I'm glad you are going to TCS and PGF. Please tell me how you got your PGF invite? You must be one of the best 32 teams in the 10U nation to know you are going to PGF? Please tell us what dominate team your 10U dd plays for that way I can get some insight on the way to guarantee myself a 10U invite next year. You are quick to thank PGF (or suck up) for letting the 10U play against the best so tell me who they are since we won't know because its a secret society vote that you must be privileged too? You said you wouldn't travel to qualify but since you are a top national 10U team already then you wouldn't have to if they had a so cal qualifier. Your dds team would run through it easily? You planed on going to Illinois and Utah before PGF but won't travel to so cal to qualify for a tournament in so cal? SMH
I will enjoy 18's this year and I hope you do as well. Let me be the first to congratulate you on your earned 10U PGF invite and if you win it all your coach deserves another PGF invite to 12U because he played the best of the hand picks and earned and deserved it. Sorry if I sound bitter to you but I'm only trying to be like you and get recommended. Mr. Recommendation
Mr. Observation

by catcherzrule » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

:roll:

Nah, I will keep my secrets to myself. Wouldn't want you to post anymore essays about what PGF should do... :?

May be you should borrow some sugar from someone and sprinkle it on your grapes...them seem a bit sour. ;)

Like I said, if you don't have a DD IN 10's, enjoy 18's and your PGF experience (if you'll have one) in that division.
catcherzrule

by PuraVida » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:46 pm

This is a money maker for PGF noting more. Like any other business, priority 1 is to find ways to increase $$$$. They have found a deep pool of $$$$$ the 10U parents.

You know the saying a fool and their money.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
PuraVida

by Fastpitch4Life » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 am

PuraVida wrote:This is a money maker for PGF noting more. Like any other business, priority 1 is to find ways to increase $$$$. They have found a deep pool of $$$$$ the 10U parents.

Actually, by not having 10U qualifiers, PGF or affiliates are not receiving additional tournament revenues that they do receive in 12-18 divisions. So if 10U is successful and is handled the same as the other divisions next year and beyond, there will be even more money changing hands.
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mr. Observation » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:
PuraVida wrote:This is a money maker for PGF noting more. Like any other business, priority 1 is to find ways to increase $$$$. They have found a deep pool of $$$$$ the 10U parents.

Actually, by not having 10U qualifiers, PGF or affiliates are not receiving additional tournament revenues that they do receive in 12j-18 divisions. So if 10U is successful and is handled the same as the other divisions next year and beyond, there will be even more money changing hands.

PGF doesn't have to work (hosting qualifiers) and still will collect the entrance fee from the 32 invites. Easy money. The issue is, if they are going to add qualifiers next year, (to make more money) then do it right or don't do it at all. To be the best you got to beat the best. PGF keep your product superior.
Mr. Observation

by Battle » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 pm

catcherzrule wrote:Battle...

OUCH... :lol:

Thanks for adding your insight to this thread...now everyone is enlightened! :o

You are so very welcome. I'm always willing to do what I can.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Mr. Observation wrote:The issue is, if they are going to add qualifiers next year, (to make more money) then do it right or don't do it at all. To be the best you got to beat the best. PGF keep your product superior.

What do you think of PGF's 12U qualifiers? Four (4) qualifier hosts aren't holding 12U - CO, NM, SC and VA. Travel out here for Nats isn't an issue because ASA/USA 12U will be in NorCal.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Mr. Observation » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Pdad- I'm not quite sure if I understand your question but I will try to answer anyway? In my original post I said I admire what PGF did for 14-18U. I do not think it should've been extended past that. 10U-12U should be a fun developmental stage of softball and I think ASA should've established this select league along time ago. ASA needs to realize the scouts are going to so cal at the 14-18U age group and they should primarily focus on the 10-12U age group. PGF should just focus on the 14-18U age group and bridge a mutual understanding. I've been to both ASA and PGF at the older age and it's not even close. PGF is dominant as far as recruiting and scouts. I've seen it first hand. If PGF really wanted to do 10-12U it should've made regional championships because a national championship at that age was to soon without preparation. If 4 qualifiers were canceled then that's a good sign that 12U is not catching. They should just do it like 10U and invite everybody and forget about qualifiers. SMH. Greed is greedy. Focus on the sport and do it right or don't do it at all. When you make good money the right way it just feels good. Spends the same though. Just my observation.
Mr. Observation

by PDad » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Mr. Observation wrote:Pdad- I'm not quite sure if I understand your question but I will try to answer anyway? .. If PGF really wanted to do 10-12U it should've made regional championships because a national championship at that age was to soon without preparation. If 4 qualifiers were canceled then that's a good sign that 12U is not catching. They should just do it like 10U and invite everybody and forget about qualifiers. SMH.

My question was fairly specific and your response took a peculiarly circuitous route in getting to the topic. I must say your conclusion is not what I expected.

Greed is greedy. Focus on the sport and do it right or don't do it at all. When you make good money the right way it just feels good. Spends the same though. Just my observation.

Your posts have taken a myriad of positions from saying some of the best 10U teams are still playing rec to exhorting PGF to make 10U a 'real' national championship by holding qualifiers. Let's see if you can clarify your positions by answering the following questions.

Realistically, what should PGF do regarding 10U (i.e. to "do it right")?

What recommendations do you have for parents of 10U players around the country regarding whether to stay in rec or play TB? For TB, what kind of a team?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch