Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Let’s add a “Hand Me Down” rule.

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AvgMoe » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:35 pm

It would be a better way of controlling the Invited and At Large births. Plus it would allow teams to play in more then one PGF event. After all when you get down towards the end of the summer the teams are scarce. tournament with 4 teams playing for 2 bids is not much fun to watch.

Maybe add a points system a win gives you x points to help you secure the top spot.

Remove the byes have a points system top team plays a bottom team in points.

sorry.. rambling.. too much coffee
“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” - Lincoln
AvgMoe

by Slappydad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 am

Are you sure it was too much coffee you had????

I think somewhere in that convoluted rant you may have been on to something.

A point system for seeding purposes. I was thinking instead of a complete blind draw for the PGF Nats they have some sort of ranking/ seeding system and seed maybe the top 4 teams from each age group and place 1 and 4 on one side or bracket and 2 and 3 on the other in a spot that they couldn't meet up till maybe the second or third game in the winners bracket. The rest of the teams are a blind draw. This would avoid two big dogs playing each other in game 1 of bracket play.

This is all perfect world scenario stuff, I get it. It would take much planning and thought as I am sure there are flaws in this system. Just spitballing here people.
Slappydad

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch