Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF - ORDER OF FINISH - 2014

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Makina » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:42 am

I believe there was an attempt about 4 years ago to Crown a National Champ! The 1st year of PGF (can't recall what it was called the 1st year) they had So Cal A's go to Florida and ESPN televised the game. They played the ASA 18U Champion and unfortunately it occurred in the Fall and both teams had lost their Senior's.

All I can recall is that the commentator was a coach from some SE college and all he would talk about was the ASA Champ team and about how great all their players were and all the big time colleges they were committed to! He had nothing to say about the SoCalA's and anything about their players.

He was so biased, that it made me so happy when SoCalA's beat up the ASA Champion and schooled them with some very basic 1st and 3rd execution steal plays. One of the 1st to 3rd plays had a very slow catcher stealing 2nd without taking an out!
Makina

by Hurricane » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

I don't think it would be feasible due to the complexities of Travel Ball softball.

Since tryouts already start the week of PGF -- and run all the way through the first week of September -- there would be no time to schedule a tournament of this magnitude during this period.

Some girls already are changing teams for the Fall, you wouldn't have the same exact team rosters playing each other.

Without guidelines that all teams must follow, it won't be feasible. That's why it would be beneficial to have ONE governing body for Travel Ball softball and EVERYONE must play by the same rules.

But that won't happen because there are certain organizations that like things juuusssstttt the way they are.

It's like getting the NBA or MLB to follow the same guidelines like the NFL (firm salary cap; limited free agency, etc.). Certain organizations like things to stay the same because it gives them a competitive advantage....so, why change?
Hurricane

by jonriv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:36 pm

magnitude is not that big- max 10(one team each org)
jonriv

by jonriv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Perhaps the 12u level would be best- less separation in talent levels
jonriv

by PDad » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:Battle old buddy you know I'm not always a fan of PGF, but you are smokin' the good stuff if you think that PGF isn't drawing 90% or more of the top teams in the country at the 16 and 18 level.

There are still some things I'd like to see changed about PGF, but it is definitely the #1 National going in terms of determining who is the best of the best.

ASA is not even close right now.

You, my friend, have obviously bumped your head... 90%? ...You could take the top 20 out of ASA and they would compete very well with the middle to top percentage of PGF. Any age group.That alone blows your 90% out of the water.

...and that's really giving you alot with the percentage.

Geez Battle, I'm not here to pick on anyone, but you do realize that the team that won ASA Gold Nationals this year finished 35th at the TCS/USA Nationals the week before.

The top finisher that played both ASA Gold and TCS/USA Nationals finished 12th at TCS.

The results don't lie. It is what it is.

The gap is huge at 18U, but I believe it narrows as you go down the age levels (yes, you did initially say 16U and 18U). It also varies by where ASA/USA Nats are held.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:09 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:Geez Battle, I'm not here to pick on anyone, but you do realize that the team that won ASA Gold Nationals this year finished 35th at the TCS/USA Nationals the week before.

The top finisher that played both ASA Gold and TCS/USA Nationals finished 12th at TCS.

:lol: ...Are you kidding me? TCS? The TCS showcaseses should never be compared to ASA the greatest thing in softball. If anything it should be compared to PGF and that's not saying much. Where did one of the 9th place finisheres at PGF place at TCS? :lol:

Where did one of the TCS 13th place finishers place at ASA?...Pretty good huh? Now who beat them like a drum to win ASA? It wasn't even a close game.

PGFers down playing ASA is ridiculous (Throw the mic back) :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:24 pm

jonriv wrote:OK- time to end the PGF, ASA, TCS etc arguments... There is only one way to settle it. The Hey Bucket Tournament of Champions(an IROC of softball) Have a tournament where you incite the winners of EVERY "National Tournament" PGF, ASA, TCS LL, Babe Ruth,PONY USSSA, Dixie, NSA-send em all) Get some major sponsors, put it on Fox Sports(they need content) Pay for the teams room and board and travel, Hold it in park city(they got the fields and the hotel space) Single elim weekend tourney

Might confirm some suspicions, might surprise some. Would give a chance for each organization to advertise their programs. Anouncers could drone on and on about where each org is strongest, what they do etc...

Provide free rooms for college coaches-courtesy tents by sponsors

Come on UNO- make it happen :D

Wow... Now that's a major copyright infringement... Check a few post back.

It can be done as you say. NYBC does it. To many ego's in softball tho!
tbjd33

by jonriv » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:32 pm

tbjd33 wrote:
jonriv wrote:OK- time to end the PGF, ASA, TCS etc arguments... There is only one way to settle it. The Hey Bucket Tournament of Champions(an IROC of softball) Have a tournament where you incite the winners of EVERY "National Tournament" PGF, ASA, TCS LL, Babe Ruth,PONY USSSA, Dixie, NSA-send em all) Get some major sponsors, put it on Fox Sports(they need content) Pay for the teams room and board and travel, Hold it in park city(they got the fields and the hotel space) Single elim weekend tourney

Might confirm some suspicions, might surprise some. Would give a chance for each organization to advertise their programs. Anouncers could drone on and on about where each org is strongest, what they do etc...

Saw it- though you were talking about just Asa & PGF

As far as copyright- I think I made a similar post about 2 years back
jonriv

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Battle wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:Geez Battle, I'm not here to pick on anyone, but you do realize that the team that won ASA Gold Nationals this year finished 35th at the TCS/USA Nationals the week before.

:lol: ...Are you kidding me? TCS? The TCS showcaseses should never be compared to ASA the greatest thing in softball. If anything it should be compared to PGF and that's not saying much. Where did one of the 9th place finisheres at PGF place at TCS? :lol:

Where did one of the TCS 13th place finishers place at ASA?...Pretty good huh? Now who beat them like a drum to win ASA? It wasn't even a close game.

PGFers down playing ASA is ridiculous (Throw the mic back) :lol:

"Battle, party of one...Battle...party of one..." :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:00 pm

jonriv wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:

Saw it- though you were talking about just Asa & PGF

As far as copyright- I think I made a similar post about 2 years back

Copyright was a joke and re-read cause I said all major champions. Do I need to name them for clarification. I thought you North Easters had excellent reading comprehension. You must be a scanner! It's ok...
tbjd33

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch