Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF top finishers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by tbjd33 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:23 pm

jonriv wrote:He said "benefit" from the discussion. Try reading before getting your panties all in a bunch

You don't understand... Unless you are in So Cal you can not understand.

Like I said there is no discussion to be had as far as we are concerned. This is the reason PGF was created. Californians were tired of spending time and hard earned $$$ to play the same teams we play backyard freindlies with.

Hurricane know that you are wasting time... Stop your crusade and more important stop looking for a new one every 72 hours.
tbjd33

by Hurricane » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:40 pm

oooo....sounds like I'm hitting a nerve, tbj! What are you so afraid of? The truth?

Come on now big guy, grow a pair.

It seems that the "good ole boys" aren't really "good" old boys anymore....but, OLD men who want the TB world to stay in the 20th Century.

Let's call it: HeyBucket of the 20th Century! Then, all of the old-timers can reminisce about the good ol' days of taking advantage of children wanting to play the game they love.

Really? That is all you got, tbj?

HeyBucket can be made so much better by having "adult" conversations. Not the whining of you and others about topics/issues that make some posters having to defend their positions.

It's true what they say: A**holes always get belligerent when others call out their BS. They attack because they know the gig is up and they've been outed.

Give it up, tbj. It's time to join the 21st Century.
Hurricane

by exD1dad » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:41 pm

Hurricane you are repetitive, boring, totally without substance & are a ageism racist. I f your chip on your shoulder is refusing to accept wisdom from men who learned through experience it sounds like a personal problem to me. Your quest for a utopian website mirrors that of our current administration where academics with no real world experience attempted to "fix things" only to find their ideas (which sound good to the uninformed who are void of realistic know how) do not work. A concrete example of this would be the government takeover of General Motors Keep advocating since you have nothing else to share & good luck finding that unicorn, but remember the Easter Bunny doesn't really exist, nor does Santa Claus or the the stork that delivers babies :lol:

Hey battle why don't you mention Louisiana Voodoo's performance in ASA compared to their 17th place finish at Platinum, oh thats right, it would destroy your entire premise :D :D :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:47 am

?...I really dont see a problem...but theres a real easy button fix...
Precisely whats your issue 'cane?
Fact that most SoCal teams dont play where you do?
You want more equality...in what?
A sanctioning body with Martial law powers?...start one...everyone else is...
21st Century is here...They just didn't bring the participation trophies with them...and 'just write a check and come play, where YOU want to be playing isn't mandatory...

No where is it 'written' anybody has to play anywhere...
Wanna play?...Come freaking play...
Nobody is stopping you, but you...
Pet peeve...when somebody stands outside the fence pointing fingers, when the gate IN is wide open...
Come get you some....
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Thanks for the advice, PR.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm upset SoCal teams don't travel where I want them to? I've never said anything to that effect. PGF is fine and probably the best tournament because that's where all the best SoCal teams go. I get that. I was just bringing up the point that the other teams do have to travel a long ways and that does take its toll. Just like when SoCal teams had to travel all over for the ASA tournament. It gets old. I get that, too. Now it's on the "other" teams from around the country that have to travel out here instead of SoCal teams traveling to wherever ASA is located. I have no beef with PGF nor ASA. I was trying to start a debate.

AlwaysImprove said it has been discussed already on HB so I am trying to find that thread in the archives. Do you know when it was discussed in the past?
Hurricane

by Pale Rider » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Hurricane wrote:Thanks for the advice, PR.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm upset SoCal teams don't travel where I want them to? I've never said anything to that effect. PGF is fine and probably the best tournament because that's where all the best SoCal teams go. I get that. I was just bringing up the point that the other teams do have to travel a long ways and that does take its toll. Just like when SoCal teams had to travel all over for the ASA tournament. It gets old. I get that, too. Now it's on the "other" teams from around the country that have to travel out here instead of SoCal teams traveling to wherever ASA is located. I have no beef with PGF nor ASA. I was trying to start a debate.

AlwaysImprove said it has been discussed already on HB so I am trying to find that thread in the archives. Do you know when it was discussed in the past?

Your arent answering my question...and Im being inquisitive (with just a tad of sarcasm:)...cause thats just me)not that you have to...But it would be nice to know exactly what it is you seek, not that anyone has to go by it though...... "The perfect Hurricane Fast Pitch Assn....would...do what?
And cant use terms insist or require...anything more than whats required already....
Tell ya what...I'll start a thread just for that on Fastpitch discussions...even make the 1st recommendations...
Noe: Cant get your BVDs all twisted up when somebody disagrees with you...
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Hurricane » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Oh. I thought it was clear from the pages of posts going on. You probably didn't want to take the time to go back and follow what has been discussed. I think page 3 chromo and battle brought it up and the usual suspects got angry and started name-calling again.

Anyway, it's not what I want. It's what others have been trying to discuss but then were shot down by other posters who said it's been discussed before.

I'm not sure why you are being sarcastic either. If it was discussed already, maybe the moderator can find that thread somewhere in the archives.

The question is: What are the differences/similarities to final finishes among the teams that did go to BOTH ASA an PGF....or something like that....what are the stats?

I think people are questioning that PGF is not the best of the bestest of tournaments. I don't know. It sure seems that the best of the SoCal teams are in PGF. Some of these teams do play ASA, too. I know some "big-name" organizations thinks it's beneath them to recognize ASA. So, I'm trying to understand that...the history behind that snootiness. That's all. I don't know what the big deal is....why is there animosity between ASA and PGF.
Hurricane

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Hurricane wrote:Oh. I thought it was clear from the pages of posts going on. You probably didn't want to take the time to go back and follow what has been discussed. I think page 3 chromo and battle brought it up and the usual suspects got angry and started name-calling again.

Anyway, it's not what I want. It's what others have been trying to discuss but then were shot down by other posters who said it's been discussed before.

I'm not sure why you are being sarcastic either. If it was discussed already, maybe the moderator can find that thread somewhere in the archives.

The question is: What are the differences/similarities to final finishes among the teams that did go to BOTH ASA an PGF....or something like that....what are the stats?

I think people are questioning that PGF is not the best of the bestest of tournaments. I don't know. It sure seems that the best of the SoCal teams are in PGF. Some of these teams do play ASA, too. I know some "big-name" organizations thinks it's beneath them to recognize ASA. So, I'm trying to understand that...the history behind that snootiness. That's all. I don't know what the big deal is....why is there animosity between ASA and PGF.

Who was name calling? They assume you are being purposely dense or lazy. Based on your posting history, it appears you have an agenda. Why should the moderator have to dig up the information you should be looking up yourself?

There all sorts of stats available, you just have a to spend a few minutes looking. All sorts of threads as well.
Here let me help you out. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aheybucket.com+ASA+PGF

To me there is no snootiness. There was/is a lot of patience and willingness to help those that truly seek answers. Just grows a bit tiresome, when it appears no order of data would meet your constant demands proof.

If you are truly interested. Start with the top 20 teams from Independence day and the top 5 from Fireworks. Go to their team sites and you will see their roster. Now quickly cross reference that with UMass's recruiting list
http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/verbal-commitmentssignees-by-team-2772456 . Then add in the top 20 from ASA and from PGF. At that point you should have a very good recruiting picture.

Don't be surprised if the number of replies to you drop to zero as everyone assumes you are trolling here. Go read the threads. Ask specific questions. Not "Where are the stats?", cause no one knows what the hell you are asking.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm

exD1dad wrote:Hey battle why don't you mention Louisiana Voodoo's performance in ASA compared to their 17th place finish at Platinum, oh thats right, it would destroy your entire premise :D :D :D

Well maybe....If it was the same team! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At ASA Nats...I believe the team that played in PGF played their 2nd game against a team that qualified for PGF and ASA. That team went 2 and out.

AI doesn't want you to fall in the mud with me because you might see truth behind this nonsense. That's fairly evident with his comparison between a pool to seed with a single elimination showcase to a National. Then, just in case you didn't notice, he never mentioned ASA as teams fielding their best. All this coming from a guy that actually believes umpires run ASA softball. Sure they have their perks but PGF is no different. Why do you think you have to stay at those high priced hotels at PGF and if you don't, you pay out the ass?
PGF is a little better in 18s because of the Cali teams but nothing near what is projected here on HB.
OK...I'm done poking the bad news bears...ahum...I mean PGFers. :D

Hope all of you had a safe holiday.
Battle
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Hurricane » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 am

Come on AlwaysImprove. Holy Cow. I do not have an agenda. Where did you get that from?

Please don't change the subject and don't shoot the messenger. Please read carefully what I had written before you reply with your own agenda.

I'm just trying get information on a variety of topics. Topics that SEEM to be taboo around here. Yet, you and others seem annoyed when I'm lifting up the carpet. Is there dirt under there?

Chillax big guy. We're discussing a game played by children. Unfortunately, for some, it's become a big money machine and the girls are being left behind in the discussions.

Happy Labor Day! Let the Fall Season begin!!
Hurricane

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch