Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF top finishers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by exD1dad » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Chromo are you missing a chromosome?

It's called a National Championship where the best play the best., you wanna waste time pounding numbers go look at all the websites that post verbal & signed commitments, go look up every team on every wwebsite cross referencing tryouts on all the websites, crunch the numbers add in other factors like teams that flyy under the radar etc....duh.... nobody cares or has the time to do what you are asking because by the time you are finished 30% of your numbers will be off due to .....wait for it.... something called ..change
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:13 am

chromo wrote:The question is simple, what are the numbers? I like PGF and yet what are the numbers? What is the cost per girl to have to play on a PGF team under the belief that that is the only way to get a college scholarship? Simple question.

Simple answer...There are no numbers. You've been lead to believe there is but there's not. Same as you've been lead to believe PGF is the best of the best. It's a myth...Simple answer.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:17 am

Battle wrote:Simple answer...There are no numbers. You've been lead to believe there is but there's not. Same as you've been lead to believe PGF is the best of the best. It's a myth...Simple answer.

(sigh) You need a new avatar. Here are some suggestions that better represent you.

PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:43 am

I dont know why Battle so fervently disputes it...
But its like NASCAR...and Ive seen both NASCAR and Softballs 2 biggest Series...

PGF is the Sprint Cup Series

ASA is the Nationwide stuff...

Sounds the same, looks the same...but vastly different
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Pale Rider wrote:I dont know why Battle so fervently disputes it...
But its like NASCAR...and Ive seen both NASCAR and Softballs 2 biggest Series...

Close but not quite...A better comparison would be taking JJ, Tony Stewart, Brad K, and Kyle Busch out of the Sprint Cup and have them only running Nationwide then move Nationwide to the most favorable track and run that track the whole season. Then yell from the tallest mountain that Nationwide is the best of the best. It's just ridiculous.

PDad, I've held back posting on this for a while now and I've noticed that the PGFers can't post about PGF without mentioning ASA in a negative manner...and I'm the broken record?...Got it. You gotta Fu#%@n be kiddin' me..:roll:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Battle wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:I dont know why Battle so fervently disputes it...

Close but not quite...A better comparison would be taking JJ, Tony Stewart, Brad K, and Kyle Busch out of the Sprint Cup and have them only running Nationwide then move Nationwide to the most favorable track and run that track the whole season. Then yell from the tallest mountain that Nationwide is the best of the best. It's just ridiculous.

PDad, I've held back posting on this for a while now and I've noticed that the PGFers can't post about PGF without mentioning ASA in a negative manner...and I'm the broken record?...Got it. You gotta Fu#%@n be kiddin' me..:roll:

Battle,
Please tell us who represents JJ, Tony, Brad and Kyle and where you think these teams rank amongst the top teams in the nation.

Thanks,
FPDad05
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by exD1dad » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Battle spazzdad didn't address your false accusation of PGF bashing ASA, I think some 10Uer would say "that's soooooo 2012" & fastpitch dad he'll never name a team or even org because they don't exist.

Hey Battle why don't you back up the chip on your shoulder with some side by side statistics, for instance this year's standings in the Platinum 18 div DD's team played an ASA top 10 I think finisher (full of committed players), take their finish & cross reference that with Premier (if any did play both)as well as top finishers in ASA & then so a side by side comparison of the teams that didn't go to PGF with those who did & check their record against each other & incorporate how well the ASA, aahhh forget you'd be wasting your time :D
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Battle wrote:PDad, I've held back posting on this for a while now and I've noticed that the PGFers can't post about PGF without mentioning ASA in a negative manner...and I'm the broken record?...Got it. You gotta Fu#%@n be kiddin' me..:roll:

Nobody said anything derogatory about ASA in this thread until you posted negatively about PGF. That's been the case most of the time on here. It's insane to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

The "best of the best" argument varies by age group and location of ASA/USA Nats.

- 18U wasn't close. In fact, ASA 18G was 3rd behind PGF and TC/USA Nats. ASA's best course of action to raise the level of competition at 18G would be to allow college players in it again.

- ASA weakened their top 16U event by fragmenting 16U with its hurried creation of 16G. Some strong teams opted to stay closer to home at 16A Nats rather than pursue the unknown (i.e. qualifiers and event) that was rushed into being. 16G will probably be worse next year with Gold in Oregon and 16A in TN.

- 12U and 14U are more difficult to ascertain because teams don't travel much and there isn't as much inter-regional play. They're also more difficult for PGF to identify the top teams to recruit/invite.

PGF is not the best option for most teams, so people should really be focused on which event is best for them rather than which one has the "best of the best." There are more productive things you can post on here rather than simply poking the bear (i.e. PGFers).
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 pm

I only have experience at these 2 events to base my judgement on...1st was an ASA in Montgomery...
then PGF x 2...
No comparison on numbers of coaches I saw...
16G ASA was a 'send a check and you're in' thing...so was one in Montgomery...and boy does that show...

Have nothing against ASA, but at those venues ...I guess to include 2 CO trips one TCS and one Louisville Slugger......Nolo contendere

I am not a paid spokesman of any organization but I will accept bribes 8-) )Joke---
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm

exD1dad wrote:Battle spazzdad didn't address your false accusation of PGF bashing ASA, I think some 10Uer would say "that's soooooo 2012" & fastpitch dad he'll never name a team or even org because they don't exist.

Hey Battle why don't you back up the chip on your shoulder with some side by side statistics, for instance this year's standings in the Platinum 18 div DD's team played an ASA top 10 I think finisher (full of committed players), take their finish & cross reference that with Premier (if any did play both)as well as top finishers in ASA & then so a side by side comparison of the teams that didn't go to PGF with those who did & check their record against each other & incorporate how well the ASA, aahhh forget you'd be wasting your time :D

LOL...ooookay

Was the PGF 5th place finisher (Thunderbolts) the same team that finished 17th at TCS? The Houston Power finished 13th at TCS and finished 4th at ASA. Hmmmm.... :?

Was the 9th place finisher at PGF (Washington Ladyhawks) the same team that finished 73rd at TCS?

Was the 9th place finisher (TNF) at PGF the same team that finished 33rd at TCS?

Was the ASA 12th place finisher (Florida Storm) the same team that finished 12th at TCS?

Was the TCS 13th place finisher (Texsas Sudden Impact Gold Dutton) the same team that finished 12th at ASA?

Was the...oh never mind.... :lol:

The top few teams at PGF are probably the best teams in the country in 18s but after that....well...To be considered the "best of the best" you have to be better than this. The margine between PGF and ASA is not anywhere near the claims here on HB. You are misleading people and misrepresenting ASA. As I said, it's ridiculous.

PDad...I wasn't referencing this thread but all the threads for the last few months.

FPD05...The drivers mentioned are the ones that have won the last few championships. They are the ones that finish in the top year after year. So to answer your question...Pick some.
Battle

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch