Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 12u Bracket Play

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by juandoe » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Three very good games going on right now at

F2
Firecrackers - Thornburg vs. Choppers - Vidal

A matchup of two very familiar foes. Firecrackers will have their hands full with this Choppers team. They are obe team that is not afraid of them. I want to take the Choppers But,
My pick: Firecrackers - Thornburg

F7
OCBB. - Bracamonte vs. DirecTV Genies Elite

These two teams are really looking at each other in the mirror. Both coaches have very aggresive base running teams. Should be a great game.
My pick : DirecTV Genies Elite

F1
OCBB - Young vs. Georgia Impact - Stewart

This Georgia team has National title on their mind. But someone needs to tell them this aint no ordinary 02 team. They can play with the best.
My pick : OCBB- Young pulls off the upset
juandoe

by juandoe » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:57 am

Two very good matchups going on right now.

F3
Beverly Bandits vs. Corona Angels 01

This Bandits team is pretty solid all around. Both teams have good pitchers. The Angels have the bigger bats.
My pick : Corona Angels 01

F4
Salinas Storm vs. AZ Hotshots

This team played a game in pool play. And here they are again in bracket play. This should be a great game. Two very evenly matched teams.
My pick : AZ Hotshots
juandoe

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:07 am

juandoe wrote:Two very good matchups going on right now.

F3
Beverly Bandits vs. Corona Angels 01

This Bandits team is pretty solid all around. Both teams have good pitchers. The Angels have the bigger bats.
My pick : Corona Angels 01

F4
Salinas Storm vs. AZ Hotshots

This team played a game in pool play. And here they are again in bracket play. This should be a great game. Two very evenly matched teams.
My pick : AZ Hotshots

JD are you there doing sideline reporting or are you at work behind your computer like the rest of us :lol:
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by kevin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Whats the over/under on the number of shaved bats being used at 12u PGF? You should've seen some of the balls Ive seen hit, and the size of the kids hitting them, and the swings they are hitting them with. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
kevin

by tbjd33 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:44 pm

kevin wrote:Whats the over/under on the number of shaved bats being used at 12u PGF? You should've seen some of the balls Ive seen hit, and the size of the kids hitting them, and the swings they are hitting them with. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Definitely out there... More than we all think.

Especially at the younger age groups.
tbjd33

by Lench » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 am

Do they check the bats more as they get older? Because if they do, using shaved bats is stupid at this age. That sense of accomplishment and confidence in ability will be dashed when they no longer hit the bombs they did as 12Us.
Lench

by ontheblack » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Spazsdad wrote:I believe ASA does testing at Nationals and they definitely do in college. To the parents that do this, and I bet many players don't even know they just use the bat dad gave them, enjoy your glory days

Amen!
ontheblack

by Fastpitch4Life » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:24 pm

So what value does this type of speculation add after the fact? Nothing! Be advised that there are a lot of flat out power hitters out there. I saw it all week on all the teams we played. Maybe the PGF balls are juiced, too!! :roll:
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Fastpitch4Life wrote:So what value does this type of speculation add after the fact? Nothing! Be advised that there are a lot of flat out power hitters out there. I saw it all week on all the teams we played. Maybe the PGF balls are juiced, too!! :roll:

Not sure why it matters whether they speculate before or after. The point is still the same...if you're shaving your bat for your kid, odds are in the end, whether the end is the next level of travel or in college, things are going to go very badly for that girl.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fastpitch4Life » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:11 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Fastpitch4Life wrote:So what value does this type of speculation add after the fact? Nothing! Be advised that there are a lot of flat out power hitters out there. I saw it all week on all the teams we played. Maybe the PGF balls are juiced, too!! :roll:

Not sure why it matters whether they speculate before or after. The point is still the same...if you're shaving your bat for your kid, odds are in the end, whether the end is the next level of travel or in college, things are going to go very badly for that girl.

Speculating that the level of play in the National Championship is unduly high due to cheating parents is a stretch, in my opinion. Is there a handful of deceitful parents who would do anything to improve their kid's performance? I'm sure there are, but the high level play demonstrated this week doesn't need to be painted with that brush. Cheater's will be caught sooner or later and I'll bet they will be called out by another parent on their team.
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch