Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF At large berth - Premier/Platinum

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by UmpSteve » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:Not overly concerned at all. I like umpires. I have umped myself. Name another major sport run by their umpires?

That is an impossible task. I could not name ANOTHER, because I can't accept your basic premise that softball is run by the umpires,
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

UmpSteve wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:Not overly concerned at all. I like umpires. I have umped myself. Name another major sport run by their umpires?

That is an impossible task. I could not name ANOTHER, because I can't accept your basic premise that softball is run by the umpires,

I see what you did there.
VETERANS....ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL
Tyler Durden
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
Battle wrote:
tbjd33 wrote:I agree it looks like births are passed out. I'm advocating shrinking the field in Premier leaving the remaining to fight in Platinum. I hate the pool play at Premier it's a waste of time. I'd like to see every game matter. I realize this isn't going to change, but it's interesting dialogue.

I agree. I've always hated the pool play. This has been one of the main gripes with ASA over the years. PGF has adopted just about everything from ASA except the rule set and I can't believe they kept pool play.

You need to review your ASA/PGF history. Having pool play not count was one of the points of contention when the PGF founders were playing ASA Gold. That was one of several changes ASA adopted AFTER PGF formed. The exclusion of college players was another one.

How long has pool play been a part of ASA nationals?

I don't know and really don't care. The only gripe I recall about ASA Nats pool play was playing just 1 game per day, not about having it, UmpSteve confirmed there was a faction to drop it, but every group that size has its crazies, Pool play wouldn't remain if it really was "one of the main gripes with ASA."

Are you saying that ASA wasn't the biggest influence on the PGF founders when they formed PGF nationals?

Of course the PGF founders experience with ASA was one of the biggest influences when they formed PGF - it ranks right up there with running travel team orgs and tournament org businesses. They carried over the things they liked from ASA and replaced the things they didn't like. I hope you're not suggesting ASA invented all the things they do and weren't influenced by anyone else.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
UmpSteve wrote:

I see what you did there.

UmpSteve, I agree with you, softball is no longer run by the umpires. PGF is doing quite nicely :ugeek: .
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch