Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

DRAW TONIGHT PGF National Qualifier - So Cal

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:26 pm

ontheblack wrote:... I fervently support the rule - to the point where my kid's HS AD invited me and a few other TB parents and coaches to a district-wide meeting of ADs prior to the ADsmeeting with CIF. We had a few HS school and TB coaches who wanted to do away with both the "In Season" restrictions and the Dodd rule. We implored the ADs of the high schools in our district to reject the motion to repeal the rule and won, at least for now. I know plenty of folks in OC who would love to have at least the "In Season" restrictions we have here. ...

Please clarify what you mean by "In Season" restrictions? Is that what's covered in 600.2 IN THE CIFSDS OUTSIDE SEASON OF SPORT (i.e. limits what HS programs can do out of season)?

What "saves them from having to deal with their coaches from August until February"? I don't see 600.2 as doing it nor the 2-week no-contact period.

The first step for anyone that wants these rules is to get them passed in the section. If enough sections do that, you might have a chance at having CIF pass them statewide. I wouldn't hold my breath though, Both CIF and CIF-SD had proposals to loosen restrictions rather than to tighten them.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by artomatic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:33 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:I also understand your disdain for the all too common lack of HB patience, etiquette and understanding between members. I was just as guilty as the next guy of attacking someone too quickly because of the anonymity of a screen name or just misunderstanding or just plain being wrong. I decided some time back that I would try my best to no longer participate in this behavior and help take the high road by revealing who I am.

Well, I also decided some time ago to not attack posters too quickly.
But that left me with nothing to post about...
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:42 pm

artomatic wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:I also understand your disdain for the all too common lack of HB patience, etiquette and understanding between members. I was just as guilty as the next guy of attacking someone too quickly because of the anonymity of a screen name or just misunderstanding or just plain being wrong. I decided some time back that I would try my best to no longer participate in this behavior and help take the high road by revealing who I am.

I still remember when you "attacked" me for the first time. Good times! :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FP FAN » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm

adversity = difficulties or misfortune.
perseverance = continuing to try to do something although it is difficult.
life = not fair.
success = achieving what is attempted.

My daughter missed school and a major exam today as well - in OC. Having to make up a final (possible lower grade?) does not a scholarship or future career break.

I'm not a fan of the schedule, but missing one day is a drop in the bucket to what they will miss when they are collegiate athletes traveling out of state for a week or more right before finals.

Better to learn now how to deal with adversity and persevere through unfairness in order to be successful adults.
FP FAN

by Rotatorcuff » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:48 pm

adversity = difficulties or misfortune.
perseverance = continuing to try to do something although it is difficult.
life = not fair.
success = achieving what is attempted.

Best post of the thread.

See ya in the morning. I hope to be there ALL DAY.
Rotatorcuff

by artomatic » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:42 pm

FP FAN wrote:My daughter missed school and a major exam today as well - in OC. Having to make up a final (possible lower grade?) does not a scholarship or future career break.
**a piss poor decision, apparently supported by her parent.

I'm not a fan of the schedule, but missing one day is a drop in the bucket to what they will miss when they are collegiate athletes traveling out of state for a week or more right before finals.
** a horrible comparison to what college athletes are scheduled to do to make it all work.

Better to learn now how to deal with adversity and persevere through unfairness in order to be successful adults.
**plus her parent can brag about that PGF berth that was more important than her final...un-freaking-believable
Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
artomatic
Premium Member
Premium Member

by FP FAN » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 am

Artomatic,

There's an element in this equation called a Team, to which she has made a commitment.

As for school, it has always come first except for three occasions in the last three years when a softball-related situation occurred. In each of those situations, with the support of her teachers, she arranged to take her exam(s) in advance or on the following Monday in order to satisfy both school and softball. I'd consider it a piss-poor decision as you say, if she wasn't a good student, blew off the exam(s), and wasn't able to successfully balance the demands in her life.

By the way, there's no need to brag about my daughter's success or that of her team. Not at all what we're about and it's pretty distasteful to presume otherwise.
FP FAN

by as the world turns » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:22 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
artomatic wrote:

I remember our first, huckleberry
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by fastpitchdad05 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:33 pm

as the world turns wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
artomatic wrote:

I remember our first, huckleberry

Yes, I was very "popular". :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OCsoftballmomma » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:29 am

Let's not forget that this tournament was only supposed to be Saturday and Sunday!! Then they added Friday night, then it became Friday morning. And I could be mistaken but wasn't also listed as "local" as in OC?? It's not our fault that PGF took in too many teams which forced everyone to start a day earlier. Our team had no choice but to drop out due to girls taking finals. My daughter had her math final Friday morning and I wasn't about to have her miss it for softball. What type of message would that send her! School is always #1!! I think this shows that PGF is also about the money, not what's best for the girls!! Coaches, including those that run PGF, are the first to say school is most important yet you want them to skip finals. Priorities are out of line!!
OCsoftballmomma

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch