Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

DRAW TONIGHT PGF National Qualifier - So Cal

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Rotatorcuff » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:48 pm

I appreciate your sarcasm Pdad.

Why in the hell would they schedule games early Friday, with so many student/athletes still in school? Nevermind, I already know the answer. Its not about school ;)

I'm pissed b/c we have no choice; we get a 1st game forfeit in the only "local" pgf qualifier. Oh well, life's not fair, must move on. STILL SUCKS and I'm venting!

Go ahead, have fun at my expense.

BTW, how many other teams are in this position? I know we're not the only one.
Rotatorcuff

by PDad » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Rotatorcuff wrote:I appreciate your sarcasm Pdad.

Are you being sarcastic? ;)

I was feeling your pain right up to the point you made it about SD vs LA/OC. It does suck for your team and any others similarly impacted.

I was also struck by the contradictory stances expressed by yourself and newbi. Obviously, newbi doesn't have an issue with school on Friday and wishes PGF scheduled more 16U games on Friday so they'd finish earlier on Sunday. Your post supports why PGF tries to minimize games on Friday.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AgentIceMom » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Not all OC schools are out.

My daughter has to miss school on Friday too.
AgentIceMom

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Well Pdad, San Diego players do face a tougher road than OC and LA teams, but that is not PGF's fault. That's solely the fault of CIF and the rules they place on San Diego kids and their contact with travel teams during the school softball season. Whatever rule they choose to follow should be uniform across the state. But that's a topic for another thread.

I apologize for implying that the tourney folks are out to get us. I always get a little frustrated at the beginning of travel season because of CIF"s inconsistent rules.

One idea for large tournament scheduling could be to have championship play on Monday. This would probably affect less teams as more teams are knocked from the tournament. This is a qualifier...what if all berths were determined by Sunday evening. Those teams could choose to stay around to play the championship games or not and be happy with their berth. Another idea, for a field of teams this large, would be to carry over two weekends.

I appreciate what PGF does and offers, but I'm still unhappy with these circumstances. Luck of the draw, I guess.

And yes I was answering your sarcasm with sarcasm ;)

Good luck to all the teams trying to qualify. Too bad some teams will have to start with a forfeit. That truly is a shame.

Oh, my stance on missing school on Friday wouldn't be so firm except this happens to be finals week. Really can't miss finals. And next week.......they're off. So Friday 13th is going to be unlucky for us.
Rotatorcuff

by jonriv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Two things

1) I thought the San Diego area adapted the stricter HS/TB rules which were stricter than the rest of the state?

2) Don't those rules only effect hs players taht are still playing? When did the state playoffs start/end in cali?
jonriv

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Jonriv,
Cannot practice at all with your travel team while your HS team is still playing.

So, SD players (even SD players playing for OC or LA teams) do not get any practice time with their teams until their HS team is done. OC and LA teams get to practice with their travel teams while still playing HS ball.

Gives them a bit of a jump because they do get to practice and begin the gelling processes of bringing the team back together. Finding out where the new players will fit in. ETC . If you don't think that's an advantage, I invite you to coach a team from SD and try to get them ready for PGF of State Qualifier in just a couple weeks as your players slowly become eligible. God forbid your star pitcher or big hitter goes to CIF finals and doesn't get to join practice till a week before.

This has nothing to do with PGF or this thread, so if we're going to discuss this further, I suggest we move to a new thread.
Rotatorcuff

by jonriv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Don't cry too much- :(

state championships still going on here in New England(we have the same rules)

I was just trying to point out that you were complaining about a state rule(which is actually local San Diego rule)
jonriv

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Wrong - It is a San Diego Section rule which is under CIF (California Interscholastic Federation). CIF is the state governing body for high school sports. My beef with their rule is because it is not uniform across the state.

Are you competing against other schools in YOUR STATE that abide by a different set of rules?

I'll cry as much as I want. Your situation is not the same.
Rotatorcuff

by ontheblack » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Rotatorcuff wrote:Wrong - It is a San Diego Section rule which is under CIF (California Interscholastic Federation). CIF is the state governing body for high school sports. My beef with their rule is because it is not uniform across the state.

Are you competing against other schools in YOUR STATE that abide by a different set of rules?

I'll cry as much as I want. Your situation is not the same.

Cry all you want. You will get no sympathy from anyone, including those of us in San Diego. Your team could have done what we and others have done in the past and that is travel to Az or Las Vegas to compete for a berth. Choosing to not do so is your choice. Your coaches know the schedule and betting on the luck of the draw is just dumb. If school is what is important, then your team should have traveled.

As for the Tom Dodd rule, I fully support it, as do many in here and in OC, who also wish that OC HS coaches couldnt start having workouts in August for a HS sport that doesnt start until Spring.

If you truly do care about what is best for the girls, you should be thankful for our Section rules, not a whining hypocrite,
ontheblack

by Rotatorcuff » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 pm

OTB,

Please re-read my posts. You clearly missed my point.

I'm not complaining about the rule; I'm complaining about it not being uniform across the state.

Do you not understand?

And how would my team legally compete in AZ or Vegas, if we follow San Diego Section rules? We had players in CIF championship two weeks ago. We could have went to AZ without any practice to compete against teams that have been practicing together for weeks or months.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. The bucket hasn't changed much. It's and F'd up rule and you know it. People just look for a chance to jump down people's throat on this board. Hypocrite? where did you get that from?

I don't need your sympathy, but understanding would be nice.
Rotatorcuff

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch