Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

OCBB/TM and PGF QUALIFYING

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Ginzie7777 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:21 am

deleted
Last edited by Ginzie7777 on Mon May 05, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginzie7777

by jmo » Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 am

Ginzie7777 wrote:Hi,

I heard, through the usual rumor mill, that ALL OCBB/TM teams are getting invites to PGF whether they win them or not. My response to this was, "Well, of course, they will play in their 4 qualifiers & then be eligible." I was then told that whether they play in 4 qualifiers or not, they will all end up with an invite. Is this true> If it is true, what makes PGF any different than any other organization? I thought PGF was founded to compete with the unfair practices of ASA. So if they do this & grant invites to all OCBB/TM teams regardless of the rules set forth, where's the legitimacy, where's the integrity & why should any other team spend money playing & chasing this tourney?

I hope the rumor mill is wrong & just that - a RUMOR mill - otherwise, I am greatly disappointed in this whole thing. Our girls dream of winning PGF, as does almost every 12U softball player. They work hard to EARN a spot. We teach them fair play & sportsmanship. What message is this sending them? I don't think it's a positive one.... I so hope the rumores are wrong. I just don't understand if this is the case, why don't they just get all the OCBB/TM teams together, run a big tournament & give them their titles....

I do know that the "BOARD" has the right to "INVITE" any team they want & I agree with inviting the teams that showed well the previous season. I don't believe, though, the board should be allowed to stand behind this rule in order to "INVITE" teams that don't deserve it.

Just call me & our players disillusioned.....

Totally UNTRUE!!!

What else is not true is playing in 4 qualifiers earns a berth to PGF Nationals.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by GRANADAFAN01 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:15 pm

I heard this too! A coach of an OCBB/TM team actually told me. He was asking if my daughter wants to join his team & as a perk to get us to go, he added the fact that they already have their spot in PGF.. How can an 02 team that hasn't won a qualifier already have a spot if this isn't true? I've heard it several times in the last month or so at different friendlies.

Also, I wthought that you could get an invite by playing in 4 qualifiers toolllll Guess you learn something nw everyday, huh? LOL
GRANADAFAN01

by PDad » Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm

PGF usually has some unfilled berths they award at the end of the qualifiers on an at-large basis. I wouldn't doubt some older teams, especially 14U and 16U, have been assured they will at least get an at-large berth to the Platinum division. Even though PGF doesn't have a 12U Platinum division, they will most likely have more Premier berths left to fill at 12U than the other age groups.

Teams can only qualify for PGF's Regional Championships by playing in 4 events,
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch