Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF blind draw?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by taking2 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 am

jonriv wrote:Why would there be first round byes?? Shouldn't all teams have to play through similar bracket play? You play who you play- that's why it's double elim instead of single elin, no?

It's payback...for the out of town Cal / Ariz teams that can't get to Texas on Friday when almost everyone else starts play.

Three teams get byes to the second round? Why? Why they don't have to play each other is a good question. This is a money grab on Glory's part. Charge $500+ for a 2 game guarantee and pack in as many teams as possible. Allow the carpet-baggers to start a day late so they can travel and Glory / PGF get their money. It's simple.

Look at the bracket, all of the texas teams start play Friday and the out of town (Cal / Ariz) teams start on Saturday. If this was a blind draw...wow. Kevin Shelton needs to go play lotto this week.

It would be peculiar...if it weren't so obvious.
taking2

by PDad » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 pm

jonriv wrote:Why would there be first round byes?? Shouldn't all teams have to play through similar bracket play? You play who you play- that's why it's double elim instead of single elin, no?

WTF? How do you set up a 29-team bracket without some byes? :roll:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Wed May 14, 2014 2:11 pm

taking2 wrote:It's payback...for the out of town Cal / Ariz teams that can't get to Texas on Friday when almost everyone else starts play.

Three teams get byes to the second round? Why? Why they don't have to play each other is a good question. This is a money grab on Glory's part. Charge $500+ for a 2 game guarantee and pack in as many teams as possible. Allow the carpet-baggers to start a day late so they can travel and Glory / PGF get their money. It's simple.

Look at the bracket, all of the texas teams start play Friday and the out of town (Cal / Ariz) teams start on Saturday. If this was a blind draw...wow. Kevin Shelton needs to go play lotto this week.

Easy there Tex, flailing around between the draw and "money grab" doesn't help your case.
- Why would they give that AZ team a bye?
- The schedule is elongated because they're allowing 2 hours between games. If they have time limits, they've got to be better than the short ones at the SoTex qualifier.

It's not all roses for the AZ and CA teams.
- Playing 8am (6am PDT) games is not going to be easy for the 3 teams that didn't get a bye. They would have been better off leaving earlier on Friday and playing Friday evening.
- 5 of the 7 out-of-area teams (1 AZ, 1 GA and 3 CA) are clustered together in the bottom quarter of the bracket. At best, only 1 of them will make it past the 3rd round.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:36 pm

PDad wrote:
taking2 wrote:It's payback...for the out of town Cal / Ariz teams that can't get to Texas on Friday when almost everyone else starts play.

Easy there Tex, flailing around between the draw and "money grab" doesn't help your case.
- The schedule is elongated because they're allowing 2 hours between games. If they have time limits, they've got to be better than the short ones at the SoTex qualifier.

- Playing 8am (6am PDT) games is not going to be easy for the 3 teams that didn't get a bye. They would have been better off leaving earlier on Friday and playing Friday evening.
- 5 of the 7 out-of-area teams (1 AZ, 1 GA and 3 CA) are clustered together in the bottom quarter of the bracket. At best, only 1 of them will make it past the 3rd round.

Y'know, Nietzsche said, "Out of chaos comes order." :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by tbjd33 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

PDad wrote:

Serious... Complaining about 3 Cali teams. Why don't you guys worry about the other 26 teams. Who the hell cares who is there!

If your worried I would stop and go practice! Leave it on the field...
tbjd33

by Atindell » Thu May 15, 2014 8:46 am

Haven't looked closer at the Bracket, but If I recall, not only do none of them play on Friday, they also DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER??????

Look bottom line is the bracket obviously wasn't a blind draw. The fact that anyone would defend that it was, makes them look stupid. Frankly I don't care who or when we play. I have to pull my kid from School on Friday early and drive my 4 hours to get there for a 6PM. My point was that everyone should operate the same and don't BS people.

Would it change some peoples decision to enter if they new preference was begin given to certain teams in the draw. I would say that answer was a definate YES!

If you advertise a BLIND draw then make it a blind draw. Honestly if this was really a 1 in a million blinde draw I would have thrown it away and started over knowing NOBODY would believe it.
Atindell

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Atindell wrote:Haven't looked closer at the Bracket, but If I recall, not only do none of them play on Friday, they also DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER??????

Look bottom line is the bracket obviously wasn't a blind draw. The fact that anyone would defend that it was, makes them look stupid. Frankly I don't care who or when we play. I have to pull my kid from School on Friday early and drive my 4 hours to get there for a 6PM. My point was that everyone should operate the same and don't BS people.

Would it change some peoples decision to enter if they new preference was begin given to certain teams in the draw. I would say that answer was a definate YES!

If you advertise a BLIND draw then make it a blind draw. Honestly if this was really a 1 in a million blinde draw I would have thrown it away and started over knowing NOBODY would believe it.

A couple questions:

1. Was this really advertised as a blind draw?
2. If so, are these draws done with reps from each team there or just behind closed doors by the PGF officials?

If it's impossible to get all reps there, then maybe they should do a private webcast, because if it was done behind closed doors I would be suspicious of this result as well.

IMO PGF needs to avoid this kind of controversy.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Atindell » Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 am

Whiskey and Hookers???

Nice...
Atindell

by jonriv » Fri May 16, 2014 6:41 am

Wiskey & Hookers-The hell with the Blind draw! :D My DD won't be there but I might! :D
jonriv

by Safebyahare » Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 am

Whiskey, hookers, blind draw,,,someone always gets an ugly one. :o
I see further, because I stand on the shoulders of giants
Safebyahare
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch