by NumeroUno » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

PREMIER GIRLS FASTPITCH
12U SO CAL NATIONAL QUALIFIER – March 22-23, 2014
Huntington Beach, CA.

Don’t miss out on this year’s PGF 12U National Qualifier
Games will be played at the Huntington Beach Sports Complex
http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/to ... hp?tid=399

Deadline to Register is March 11th.
All Players/Coaches must be registered and paid for thru the SportsAgeID website,
BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!
https://www.sportsageid.com/home/linkpage

THIS IS A NATIONAL QUALIFIER
12U Division - 2 BERTHS

It is at the Tournament Director's discretion to add teams after the deadline. No teams will be added after the bracket draw!!
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by respectthegame » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Why is Premier only having two national qualifiers for 12U and only giving two berths for each one? That gives a total of 7 teams from So Cal with the berths. I thought the creation of Premier was to keep things more local and not have to drive/Fly to BFE for a national tournament? Instead make every other team(that doesnt qualify or get a handout) in So Cal chase a berth to Vegas, Arizona, New Mexico(really?)etc. Talk about being hypocritical thats sure what they have done with all this. They are doing exactly what ASA did several years ago.
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm

respectthegame wrote:That gives a total of 7 teams from So Cal with the berths.

Count again - 2 returning + 3 invites + 4 NQ = 9

PGF limits the number of berths awarded in SoCal because they don't want too many SoCal teams and they know SoCal teams will travel chasing berths. They need it to look like a national tourney and they make more money off teams from outside SoCal. The level of competition at the 2nd SoCal qualifier will be considerably lower because it is after the NorCal, AZ and Las Vegas qualifiers with a total of 12 berths.

Teams that struggle qualifying typically don't fare well at nationals, especially PGF with it's high concentration of strong teams.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 pm

respectthegame wrote:Talk about being hypocritical thats sure what they have done with all this. They are doing exactly what ASA did several years ago.

Really? Did you expect something different? :mrgreen:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 pm

PDad wrote:They need it to look like a national tourney and they make more money off teams from outside SoCal.

Yep and there's a sucker born every minute... :lol:

Edited to add...Nana boo boo.... :lol:
Last edited by Battle on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by PDad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:03 pm

:lol:
Last edited by PDad on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Battle wrote:
PDad wrote:
respectthegame wrote: They need it to look like a national tourney and they make more money off teams from outside SoCal.

There you go again, putting words in other people's mouths. :lol: Sloppy job of editing... smh

Yep and there's a sucker born every minute... :lol:

Your're right - they all count on suckers. Unfortunately, the money grabbers are ruining the sport.

In pre-PGF values, how do you think Salem VA feels about the event they bid on going from an ASA/USA 16 A- to a glorified ASA Eastern A with the addition of 16 Gold? Is ASA open to renegotiating that bid?

Does ASA really think people aren't going to notice 16G in Broken Arrow isn't near 18G in OKC, as originally sold, and is in fact 110+ miles away?
Last edited by PDad on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Battle » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:34 pm

PDad
Speaking of sloppy job editing...There's a difference between the edit and quote button. Otherwise, you double post...SMH... :mrgreen: :lol:

PGF loves to assume the role of the non-money grabber and make ASA as the only money grabber to a point where it gets ridiculous. They are running into the same problems that ASA has had for years. It's really laughable when you think about it.
Battle

by PDad » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Battle wrote:Speaking of sloppy job editing...There's a difference between the edit and quote button. Otherwise, you double post...SMH... :mrgreen: :lol:
Whatcha talkin' about Willis? :oops: I made at least 3 edits, so 2-3 beats 0-1.. :mrgreen:

PGF loves to assume the role of the non-money grabber and make ASA as the only money grabber to a point where it gets ridiculous. They are running into the same problems that ASA has had for years. It's really laughable when you think about it.

I don't think PGF tries to assume that role, maybe in the very beginning, but not since then. Don't mistake PGF supporters for PGF itself. PGF positions its Nats like Mercedes or Porsche. It is trying to expand its brand down to the regional and local levels without diminishing it.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by thecloser02 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:04 pm

What does PGF cost $1,700.00?

How about ASA Gold nationals?
thecloser02

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch