Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PFG Trip

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Battle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:16 pm

faster wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:I'll take a blind stab at this.
The additional cost is called subsidizing rooms for "others".
That way maybe, just maybe PGF can offer college scouts to come to event, and they stay for free.
If umps have to be brought in, they may get their rooms as well.

Nailed it!!!!

Well... while it does explain the reason for the prices, it doesn't explain the rate difference.
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:30 pm

For me PGF still makes sense.

ASA hotel rates have only come in line over the last 4 years when faced with pressure from PGF. ASA is still more expensive, flights to Moline, Johnson City, Midland are always way more expensive than hotels.

Also having fewer overall teams travel makes more sense overall for the sport. Given that Nats often have large numbers of
SoCal teams it makes some sense to have the tournament in Socal.

it is not a surprise that PGF is falling into some of the same traps that ASA had fallen in the past. Smart that they cap the amount they can make via these shenanigans to 1500. At least then they can not become too dependant on them.

PGF should get the reasonable base rate of a room, then push the hotel for a discount, and use that delta to fund rooms and other expenses. If they need more than that, they should simply raise the entry fee. Burying cost a major component of the defection from ASA to PGF. It makes no sense for PGF to repeat that mistake.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aojr03 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Ok, I was given some clarity on the situation. When I provided the TT representative the information and address of the hotel in question, she provided me with the quote for the same hotel chain, different location. Honest mistake considering the holidays, The discrepancy obviously caused some concern and that has led us to this point. But I was personally contacted and provided with the information necessary to work out the issue.

PGF is NOT raising rates, nor looking to gauge prices. A simple misunderstanding. If I misled anyone or caused a fuss, I sincerely apologize. Thank you to all who provided some positive feedback on the thread.

Now back to your regularly schedule program.
aojr03

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Uhm. This is our regularly scheduled program.

Glad you got things figured out.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Makina » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm

To: aojr3

"I called the same hotel and I get can a room as cheap as $60 bucks. Seems odd to me"

It seems odd that you could even find anything for $60 bucks in Huntington Beach in the middle of August! Let's talk reality, 2 years ago I booked a room at the Courtyard by Marriott during PGF and it would have cost me $149-$169 / night. I got it for $89 due to a friends and family discount rate.

Let's get real!
Makina

by aojr03 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Makina wrote:To: aojr3

"I called the same hotel and I get can a room as cheap as $60 bucks. Seems odd to me"

It seems odd that you could even find anything for $60 bucks in Huntington Beach in the middle of August! Let's talk reality, 2 years ago I booked a room at the Courtyard by Marriott during PGF and it would have cost me $149-$169 / night. I got it for $89 due to a friends and family discount rate.

Let's get real!

To Makina,

situations already resolved. If you read the posts you would have ascertained that.
That being said I wasn't spouting off just for kicks. It was a an issue that I wanted some info on from people who were willing to help, So you're 2 cents are a bit late.

"Keep it moving!"
aojr03

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch