Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

list of college coaches who attended PGF nationals

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by 29dad » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:57 am

Just curious if anyone has a list of college coaches who attended PGF nationals last year? Specifically in the 14U and 16U divisions? Our org seems split on whether to shoot for ASA or PGF. Those opposed to PGF are rather vocal about how PGF is only for girls who want to play for Pac 10 schools, and since we're a midwestern org, PGF doesn't make sense. I am 100% positive that that's incorrect, but it would be great to have a list to show them that while the Pac 10 coaches attend PGF, MANY others attend as well. I tried the PGF website but I came up empty. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
29dad

by Fastpitch4Life » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:43 pm

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I saw Alabama, UCLA and Nebraska coaches at the 12U PGF Nationals. Saw coaches from all over the country at a 16U PGF quarterfinal game in Huntington Beach. I don't think you can go wrong with PGF.

This link is from the old PGF website, but I saw alot of coaches that weren't on this list.

http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/to ... hp?tid=181
"I learned the path to Heaven is full of sinners and believers,
learned that happiness on earth ain't just for high achievers."
Fastpitch4Life
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Clean_up » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:47 pm

North Carolina, South Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, Michigan, Northwestern, Oregon, Florida, Virginia, Nebraska, Oklahoma, UCLA, Stanford, U of Pacific, Washington, Georgia, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Kentucky and many others, local and from all over -- all at PGF -- many at the 14s..
Clean_up

by jmo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Clean_up wrote:North Carolina, South Carolina, Arkansas, Alabama, Michigan, Northwestern, Oregon, Florida, Virginia, Nebraska, Oklahoma, UCLA, Stanford, U of Pacific, Washington, Georgia, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Kentucky and many others, local and from all over -- all at PGF -- many at the 14s..

I believe we handed out a little over 200 college books at the 14U/16U Nationals.
At 18 Premier and Platinum, there were approximately 140-150 books handed out.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by twinsmom » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:08 pm

During our run through bracket and pool games at PGF, I think we saw almost every coach or their representative from almost every team in all the major conferences (Big XII, Big 10, PAC 10, ACC, SEC, and on and on). There were also many of the mid level colleges there as well.

We were playing 14s and the bleachers were packed.

Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Wisconsin, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, ASU, UT, A&M, OU, OSU, Nebraska, Louisville, Michigan, Mich State, NC, SC, NC state, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Iowa State, FSU, Texas State, UofH, Tx Tech, the list could go on for a good long time. By the time the tourney had moved to the last few fields that were closer together, I would lay odds there were 60+ coaches/asst/recruiters bouncing between the 2-3 fields that were still being used (it was probably closer to 100 but hard to estimate since some of them aren't in "school gear").

I assure you that PGF is worth the trip regardless of where you are from and where your girls want to go. We honestly didn't expect anybody at our games (I know that sounds stupid now, but we were a first year 14 with many of our girls incoming 8th graders), and by the time we broke the top 10 we had a following of coaches from field to field. I will say that one of our sister teams was at 16U ASA Nats the following week and they had lots of coaches at their fields too. I am not sure how many of those coaches just held over to watch ASA since it was basically "next door" and back to back with PGF and how many would have flown to 16U Nats had they been in another state (like they are this year - Virginia I think). This year 14U ASA is the week after PGF in Cali and we are planning on attending both hoping to get some more looks.

You do have to do your work. We would have had more coaches earlier in the tournament (probably) if we had contacted coaches ahead of time (we just thought we were too young to do any of that). But if you win against quality competition, they start showing up. One of the biggest thrills for our girls was Mike Candrea leaning up against our dugout watching them play their last two games.

No question that PGF has pulled in the coaches. If you do your work, they will come and watch. We are looking forward to our return trip this year. That being said, ASA has always pulled in coaches as well so no knock on them at all. We just have personal experience with PGF and the stands were packed.
twinsmom

by 6position » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:48 am

At ASA Gold Nationals in Clearwater this year: Maybe saw 5-10 and can't remember who they were. If there were more they were well-hidden amongst the parents. :(
6position

by faster » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:20 am

I've been to Colorado multiple years, many showcases and camps and I have never seen the same amount of coach attention as I did at PGF this last year. I watched games at 14U, 16U and 18U levels and was genuinely impressed with the amount of coaches in attendence throught the tournement.

Dont miss PGF
faster
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TulsaEliteGold » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 am

We are from the Midwest also with kids from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas and I'm also a Junior College coach. I've taken teams to Premier 16U the past three years and this summer we did both PGF 16s and ASA 16s in the back-to-back weeks. Almost every player on the team we took this year is now committed or has multiple offers.

I would say there were probably over 200 checked in at PGF and over 100 at ASA. We had a great mix of coaches at every game, we do our work ahead of time though also and make sure they know when and where we play. We had coaches from nearly every conference and state. Here's the ones I remember: Big 12, SEC, Pac 12, Big 10, Missouri Valley, SunBelt, Conf USA, WAC, Moutain West, American Athletic, Atlantic 10, ACC, Big West, Ivy League, but we also had some great Div 2 and NAIA coaches, but most D2s and NAIAs were mainly west coast.

One thing I did notice was just like in Colorado many of the schools sent one coach early in the week, then a second coach would come follow up later in the week and a 3rd coach may have showed up at ASA the next week or one of the same two.

I think ASA 14A will be well represented with coaches this year. There were probably 30-40 throughout the week last year in Illinois. In San Diego following PGF, I bet there will be more like 100+.
Jeff Filali
Asst Softball Coach
Butler Comm College - 25+ D1 Signees since '11
www.butlergrizzlies.com

Founder/GM/Coach
Tulsa Elite Softball - 130+ College Commits since '08
www.tulsaelite.org

eM: jeff@TulsaElite.org
Ph: 918-951-7142
TulsaEliteGold

by PDad » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm

TulsaEliteGold wrote:I think ASA 14A will be well represented with coaches this year. There were probably 30-40 throughout the week last year in Illinois. In San Diego following PGF, I bet there will be more like 100+.

Especially if ASA's new 16U Gold is the week before as some have reported...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch