PGF 18 HS on TV

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dirtlover » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 pm

PDad wrote:
dirtlover wrote:
PDad wrote:
dirtlover wrote:
PDad wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:It think the venue used for 14 and 16 at CSUF was better, purpose built for fastpitch, permanent fences at 200', the netting mentioned above, but maybe the capacity is an issue.

Mark Campbell talked about CSUF fences being deeper, so I looked it up -
Dimensions (Left-Center-Right): 190’-220’-190’

CSUF Seating Capacity: 1,000 + "a beautifully landscaped grassy knoll that runs from foul line to right centerfield in the outfield."

I guess someone could tell Campbell all 3 homeruns would have left any field they played on. ...

Why? He thought CSUF's fences were deeper than what they normally play with... :?
He talked about his outfielders playing too deep ("sucked back") in the first inning and thought some of the balls they hit would have been out with 'regular depth' fences.

CSUF's fences are deeper left center to right center and shorter down the lines.

:? If CSUF fences were deeper then why would the balls they hit that didn't go out get out there? I didn't see the interview just going off of what you posted. For his girls playing back it didn't change anything. If anything his team benefitted with the shallow hits in the first. I did notice a lot of kids playing back all week not sure why.

MC's comments are from his 14U game at CSUF, not the 18U-Premier game.

Well I guess the thread title had me off a bit. :? Guess I should have watched the 14U game. I will now quietly fade into the sunset. ;)
dirtlover

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch