Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Invites for 2014

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Uncle Rico » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:48 pm

I don't understand the logic of some teams. There were teams that had to play in three qualifiers to earn a Premier berth, and then go two and out (65th place) at Nationals. Is it better to play in Premier and go two and out or play in Platinum and compete longer into the tournament? I would think your players would get better exposure playing longer in Platinum. Or is Platinum viewed as such a lesser tournament?
Uncle Rico

by AlwaysImprove » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Uncle Rico wrote:I don't understand the logic of some teams. There were teams that had to play in three qualifiers to earn a Premier berth, and then go two and out (65th place) at Nationals. Is it better to play in Premier and go two and out or play in Platinum and compete longer into the tournament? I would think your players would get better exposure playing longer in Platinum. Or is Platinum viewed as such a lesser tournament?

My experience was that you are better off playing the upper level tournament. Especially for the upper end girls on the team. Kids down the roster may be served better by being seen in more games by lower coaches.
Getting seen by coaches down the depth chart are usually not the challenge.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TexasYellowBall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:46 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:The invited teams ensure the strength of the tournament. Right now, PGF gets to write the book on how to develop a great tournament. The arguing over berths, just shows how big/important this tournament has become.

The arguing over berth has been the topic since the PGF was announced. It has nothing to do with you stating how big the tournament has become.

If the tournament is as big and important as you say it is ( I know its a big tournament), then they will come back no matter the situation. Let the top 3 finishers from the previous national come back and make the rest qualify.

If they stop the back scratching invites, random "qualifying "invites, and random changes then the whole issue would go away.
TexasYellowBall

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch