Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Invites for 2014

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by softballfan33 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Someone commented that some invites would be based on finish this year. Is that for all age groups? Does it go to the team manager? organization? maintaining rosters? Where did you have to place to get those invites - top 3, 4, 8?

I didn't realize that the invite process had changed... Or I guess that would actually equate to "earning" a bid and not really an invite, but regardless, does anyone know how this works?
softballfan33

by #32 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 pm

softballfan33 wrote:Someone commented that some invites would be based on finish this year. Is that for all age groups? Does it go to the team manager? organization? maintaining rosters? Where did you have to place to get those invites - top 3, 4, 8?

I didn't realize that the invite process had changed... Or I guess that would actually equate to "earning" a bid and not really an invite, but regardless, does anyone know how this works?

My understanding is top 7 in all ages. Originally heard top 3 which would equate to 4 teams in every age. Maybe PGF can clarify?

It would be nice to reward top 4 only and make all others earn a berth. Before I continue, I have zero issues with any team; but hearing about teams getting berths handed out after failing to qualify really takes away the accomplishments of those teams that earned a berth? Bownet has a solid team but didn't qualify yet I watched them in premier? They had 74 players too!!! Irvine Sting? I watched them too and they should've been in platinum? How did Pure Fastpitch get into platinum? Not by playing into PGF? These examples make one wonder if this is just the good ole boys club? PF and Sting didn't back in by playing enough qualifiers either, so why them and not others?

Congrats to all those teams that went out and earned a berth to PGF!!! Well done ladies. :D :) :mrgreen:

by #32 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Spazsdad wrote:I was under the impression that teams that played in qualifiers but didn't finish high enough o get a Premier berth earned a berth to Platinum.

Every qualifier had a certain amount of premier berths and a certain amount of platinum. If a team played in 3 or 4 qualifiers and didn't earn a berth, than they could petition, pay and get a berth to premier in all ages but 18U. In 18U, they petition after 3 qualifiers and were given a platinum berth in all cases except Bownet, they were given a premier berth. To earn a platinum, teams in 18U still had to do very well in qualifiers!! That is my understanding.

by PDad » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 pm

softballfan33 wrote:Someone commented that some invites would be based on finish this year. Is that for all age groups? Does it go to the team manager? organization? maintaining rosters? Where did you have to place to get those invites - top 3, 4, 8?

There are 4 different types of PGF berths:
- Returning: Earned based on prior year's finish.
- Invites: Handed out before qualifiers for various reasons and justifications.
- Qualified: Earned at a qualifier.
- At Large: Remaining berths handed out after the qualifiers based largely on team's performance over the summer.

The rules for berths are covered here - http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/ho ... r_news.php
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by softballfan33 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:21 pm

PDad wrote:

There are 4 different types of PGF berths:
- Returning: Earned based on prior year's finish.
- Invites: Handed out before qualifiers for various reasons and justifications.
- Qualified: Earned at a qualifier.
- At Large: Remaining berths handed out after the qualifiers based largely on team's performance over the summer.

The rules for berths are covered here - http://www.premiergirlsfastpitch.com/ho ... r_news.php

Thanks. That answered it all. Appreciate the link.
softballfan33

by PDad » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:22 pm

#32 wrote:... Before I continue, I have zero issues with any team; but hearing about teams getting berths handed out after failing to qualify really takes away the accomplishments of those teams that earned a berth? Bownet has a solid team but didn't qualify yet I watched them in premier? They had 74 players too!!!
Apparently an At Large berth. Do you think PGF is going to let the remaining berths go unfilled?

Irvine Sting? I watched them too and they should've been in platinum?
Invited due to connection with fields at Bill Barber Park - sort of a "host team" berth.

How did Pure Fastpitch get into platinum? Not by playing into PGF?

PF probably got a berth passed down at the LV qualifier because CC Krush and QC Ladycats already had one (see games 51 & 53 - http://www.eteamz.com/lvevents/files/18U.pdf)
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by #32 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

PDad wrote:
#32 wrote:... Before I continue, I have zero issues with any team; but hearing about teams getting berths handed out after failing to qualify really takes away the accomplishments of those teams that earned a berth? Bownet has a solid team but didn't qualify yet I watched them in premier? They had 74 players too!!!
Apparently an At Large berth. Do you think PGF is going to let the remaining berths go unfilled?

Irvine Sting? I watched them too and they should've been in platinum?
Invited due to connection with fields at Bill Barber Park - sort of a "host team" berth.

How did Pure Fastpitch get into platinum? Not by playing into PGF?

PF probably got a berth passed down at the LV qualifier because CC Krush and QC Ladycats already had one (see games 51 & 53 - http://www.eteamz.com/lvevents/files/18U.pdf)

Thanks. I just hate to see so many teams earn a berth and find out teams that couldn't get late invites? As for the Sting, if you had the football as a kid, you was a playing. Fields are important, kinda....

by aojr03 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:42 am

Is there a qualifier in Florida?
aojr03

by PDad » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 am

aojr03 wrote:Is there a qualifier in Florida?

Yes, but it is always poorly attended. Only 3 18U teams entered this year and none were from the south (NJ, IN and AZ). They should move it to Georgia.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by aojr03 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 pm

PDad wrote:
aojr03 wrote:Is there a qualifier in Florida?

Yes, but it is always poorly attended. Only 3 18U teams entered this year and none were from the south (NJ, IN and AZ). They should move it to Georgia.

Ahh i see. How did GCH and TNF get them? And I dont think besides them 2 and maybe 1 other team could even compete.
aojr03

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch