Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Irvine Sting invite to PGF?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by NumeroUno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:18 pm

I never heard they weren't giving out as many invites next year.

Explosion has a good team every year, why wouldn't they get one next year.
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ontheblack » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:19 pm

NumeroUno wrote:I never heard they weren't giving out as many invites next year.

Explosion has a good team every year, why wouldn't they get one next year.

The question should be why should they?
ontheblack

by NumeroUno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:40 pm

One of the top teams nation wide, got 5th at Boulder that was impressive.

I am not a big fan of giving out free berths either. One thing I will say they did a great job running the tourney and the quality of teams were off the hook
Help support heybucket and become a premium member today for only $12.00 a year
premium.html
NumeroUno

by ontheblack » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 pm

NumeroUno wrote: I am not a big fan of giving out free berths either. One thing I will say they did a great job running the tourney and the quality of teams were off the hook

agreed. I just hate the invites.
ontheblack

by utility » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:55 pm

softballinsanity wrote:How does Irvine Sting get an invite to PGF and goes 0 for 2 in brackets going home wed morning.

Why do you care.....jealous?
utility

by SeanH1122 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:27 pm

I think the invites really help bring in more teams from across the country. We were fortunate this last year to get an invite and I am pretty sure we retained it for next year. That being said if we didn't have a berth trying to qualify could have been very expensive. There weren't any qualifiers in Minnesota and the closest ones were over 6 hours away. Those tournaments only gave away one berth. Getting the ASA Berth in Minnesota is much easier and teams don't have to travel. They also give out about 4 berths each year.

What makes PGF prestigious is they only take 64 teams which really makes qualifying or getting invited a big honor but it also makes it much harder to get the berth. I hope the Regional Nationals work out well because then teams have a fall back option if they don't qualify for the big dance.

Thanks,
Sean Hall
MN Sting Director
SeanH1122

by PDad » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:35 pm

SeanH1122 wrote:I think the invites really help bring in more teams from across the country. We were fortunate this last year to get an invite and I am pretty sure we retained it for next year. That being said if we didn't have a berth trying to qualify could have been very expensive. There weren't any qualifiers in Minnesota and the closest ones were over 6 hours away. Those tournaments only gave away one berth. Getting the ASA Berth in Minnesota is much easier and teams don't have to travel. They also give out about 4 berths each year.

Your 3rd place finish gives YOU a returning team berth for next year, but only at 16U and you can't pass it down to another coach. If you move up to 18U, you'll need to qualify unless you get another invite.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by DunninLA » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Spazsdad wrote:A quarter of the teams.go 0-2
exactly, assuming no teams get byes.
DunninLA

by SeanH1122 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:05 pm

I am staying at 16U.
SeanH1122

by AM Softball » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:43 am

There have always been host teams that represent the city where Nationals is and I personally thought Irvine Sting did an awesome job with the fields and snack bar all week. That's A LOT of work from their parents. Parents complain about working snack bar for a friendly so imagine all week long with the hours they worked.

They deserve an invite.
AM Softball

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch