Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Irvine Sting invite to PGF?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by SouthPaw_Dad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:59 pm

NumeroUno wrote:I agree100%

Uno I have no problems at all with a "Host Team" Invite. The Irvine fields and amenities were great. Matter of fact I think the PGF website should say exactly that. -

Watchu all think?
SouthPaw_Dad
"If it ain't Left - It ain't Right"
SouthPaw_Dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Pale Rider » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 am

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:Last year ASA Nats had a pile of freebie invitees many of whom had no business being there...but the economy, etc affects that.
PGF is different in the fact most of you guys teams play in great venues and sleep in your own beds...we had a ball, maybe we shouldn't have came due to injuries and situations but we did...and really enjoyed it...cant remember playing in late July and not being soaked to the bone in sweat.
Its all water under the bridge...DD would love to come back, not sure if that will happen. Right now, not sure about anything with softball.

I only have a few things I'd change...and they're very petty...fields need fencing down the sides, that cost us several runs...the bathrooms were ...ball park bathrooms, and I have seen much worse...a few Porta Johns would have cut down on men washing down the seats, and a twice a day wash down with soapy bleach would have helped...but like I said those are very petty...Needed more garbage cans...I don't litter, but garbage cans were scarce, that would cut down on litter immensely...
My only real complaint I will keep to myself.

Pale Rider - What fields were you at?

In 16U...HB Complex on Goldenwest
DD had a blast...1st time she'd ever seen the Pacific...weather was beyond magnificent
AKA "Thread Killer"

"Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you."
Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Pale Rider
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Pale Rider wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Pale Rider wrote:Last year ASA Nats had a pile of freebie invitees many of whom had no business being there...but the economy, etc affects that.
PGF is different in the fact most of you guys teams play in great venues and sleep in your own beds...we had a ball, maybe we shouldn't have came due to injuries and situations but we did...and really enjoyed it...cant remember playing in late July and not being soaked to the bone in sweat.
Its all water under the bridge...DD would love to come back, not sure if that will happen. Right now, not sure about anything with softball.

I only have a few things I'd change...and they're very petty...fields need fencing down the sides, that cost us several runs...the bathrooms were ...ball park bathrooms, and I have seen much worse...a few Porta Johns would have cut down on men washing down the seats, and a twice a day wash down with soapy bleach would have helped...but like I said those are very petty...Needed more garbage cans...I don't litter, but garbage cans were scarce, that would cut down on litter immensely...
My only real complaint I will keep to myself.

Pale Rider - What fields were you at?

In 16U...HB Complex on Goldenwest
DD had a blast...1st time she'd ever seen the Pacific...weather was beyond magnificent

Ah ok. DD has only played at Bill Barber and Fountain Valley fields so I was wondering.

Glad to hear your DD had a great time!
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AM Softball » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:48 pm

CharlieHough wrote:Host teams have always received and deserved a berth. The amount of work is astounding.

The Irvine Sting organization is by far one of the most clean, integrity filled organization that My DD has ever played for. The head of the org is one of the "good ol boys" in regards to softball(gets the good fields at showcases, invited to champions cup and the Louisville slugger in Boulder, and yes, invites to premier...bet we continue to get them) and a retired physician in regards to being successful at Life. How many of you are getting a check back from the work at the end of the year?

Sure, we have issues with coaching and players and effort like every other team, have to deal with a certain percentage of girls living in Irvine, but the girls continue to do very well and succeed. It is a funny coincidence that at the last Invite friendly the Socal A's had before nationals we lost to the A's 2-0, but beat both Strike force and the Dirt dogs(platinum finalists) in the same day. Its just a friendly, I know. 3rd at 18U Champions cup the week before.

That said, we are raising the bar and are ramping up for upcoming work outs. If you are tired of the BS, whether you are committed or not, send me a PM and I will give you the whole scoop.

And AM Softball, it was a pleasure serving you food yesterday.

Numero...continue the good work.

Rant complete.

Charlie'

LOL All true. :) Good rant! Good seeing you too. :)
AM Softball

by Supersuds » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 am

2kocbb wrote:Put it to rest please.

It is bad enough to go 2&Q but then to have to see all this crap I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the girls and coaches to see this.

There has been more talk about this than the teams that won each age division. I guess some need negativity to feel good????

I second that !
Snapcracklepop
Supersuds

by bmezz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:25 pm

for all you doubters--
16U Irvine Sting finished top 10
bmezz

by yosoftball18 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Great job 16's ! 14's finsh top 24 and were about 2 inches away from top 18. Line drive called foul that would've brought in tying and winning runs. Oh well, great job. Very proud of both teams. Good Luck to 18's next week.
yosoftball18
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LaderaDD96 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 pm

18's finished in top 10 at IDT boulder tournament... I think they can pull off a good result... :)
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:16 pm

LaderaDD96 wrote:18's finished in top 10 at IDT boulder tournament... I think they can pull off a good result... :)

18's were run-ruled by RI Thunder 8-0 (5 inn) today. They have good company on a long road - Bev Bandits Conroy and Texas Glory Shelton also lost today.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch