Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Mid-week observation PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by aojr03 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:55 am

I for one must admit that PGF is certainly a much better tournament, talent, wise than ASA. My dd just played in the ASA Nats and is picking up with a team at PGF 18 Premeier and she text me this, "Dad the teams here are so much better. The girls play for the team and not themselves. They are disciplined and execute. The pitchers all have good movement. I like it."

Its certainly an eye opener.
aojr03

by DunninLA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:24 am

Safebyahare wrote:Have the dynamics of age grouping changed that much? Meaning it's no longer better to play up?
Most juniors play 18 and I would think that this would be their prime year to be recruited.
Really relevant question there. Another way to ask the same question, but depending a great deal on whether it is historically a top 50 program or maybe even top 100 program: Is almost all the money for an incoming class already verbally committed before the players reach their junior year in HS?

If that is the case, what would be the point of top college coaches still recruiting at a tournament, 18U, where 90% of the players are off the table? I can see a few HS freshmen who are skilled enough to make a good 18U team still in play, but not many compared to 14U and especially 16U.
Last edited by DunninLA on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
DunninLA

by ontheblack » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 am

DunninLA wrote:
Safebyahare wrote:Have the dynamics of age grouping changed that much? Meaning it's no longer better to play up?
Most juniors play 18 and I would think that this would be their prime year to be recruited.
Really relevant question there. Another way to ask the same question, but depending a great deal on whether it is historically a top 50 program or maybe even top 100 program: Is all the money for an incoming class already verbally committed before the players reach their junior year in HS?

JMO, but there are several uncommitted 15s I know playing 18s that I firmly believe would have been better off at 16s.
ontheblack

by extiger » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:10 am

I think it would be to difficult to find quality fields for all age groups in one week. During the So Cal qualifier games were held at fields from OC to as far as Hemet. I doubt the recruiters would want to drive that far between games.
extiger
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch