Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF 16U and 14U updates

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by blue1956 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:49 pm

watchtonsofsoftball wrote:Anybody got a channel for the championship games on directv? I don't see them on the guide listed. Or am I reading wrong that it will be televised tonight?

direct tv 665
blue1956

by DDsNbr1Fan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Is anyone else having major problems accessing the live radio of the 14u games via www.sportsnetusa.net. Using a mac and cannot get anything to come up.

PGF 14U National Championship - 4:30pm
Televised on Comcast/FoxSportsWest (Tape)*
www.sportsnetusa.net (Web Radio Live)

PGF 16U National Championship - 7:30pm
Televised on Comcast/FoxSportsWest (Tape)*
www.sportsnetusa.net (Web Radio Live)
Sportsnetusa.net does not make it easy to navigate how to do this.
DDsNbr1Fan
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Spazsdad wrote:Girls that will be Seniors in a month. Many out of state 16u teams are populated with older girls. Don't know the makeup of any of this years teams as I havent checked rosters just speaking from past experience

Thanks Spaz, then in fairness I feel that it should be pointed out that MoeFoes was slightly erroneous in stating that Freshman and Sophomores were playing Seniors. I doubt that Sota or Smith had many (if any at all) girls on their teams (especially starters) that are going into their Freshmen year in the fall.

It would likely have been more accurate to say that Smith and Sota had teams comprised of mostly Freshmen and Sophomores as opposed to some of the teams they were playing that were made up of mostly Junior girls OR Smith and Sota had teams comprised of mostly Sophomores and Juniors as opposed to some of the teams they were playing that were made up of mostly Senior girls.

In my small compact mind, it does make a difference. :mrgreen:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

ATL Vipers Loveless and GA Impact Bass are predominately 2015s.
ontheblack

by PDad » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:23 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:Girls that will be Seniors in a month. Many out of state 16u teams are populated with older girls. Don't know the makeup of any of this years teams as I havent checked rosters just speaking from past experience

Thanks Spaz, then in fairness I feel that it should be pointed out that MoeFoes was slightly erroneous in stating that Freshman and Sophomores were playing Seniors. I doubt that Sota or Smith had many (if any at all) girls on their teams (especially starters) that are going into their Freshmen year in the fall.
I had a similar reaction when I read his post, but I left it for someone else to question the inconsistency. 8-)

It would likely have been more accurate to say that Smith and Sota had teams comprised of mostly Freshmen and Sophomores as opposed to some of the teams they were playing that were made up of mostly Junior girls OR Smith and Sota had teams comprised of mostly Sophomores and Juniors as opposed to some of the teams they were playing that were made up of mostly Senior girls.
Once you complete a grade, you're either promoted at that point to the next grade or graduated. The term "rising" is often used to clarify its the grade they're going into rather than what they just completed. Some regulations specify "started classes" if they don't want them to take effect over the summer.

It's okay to be a little anal retentive... :lol: :geek:
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:37 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:

I had a similar reaction when I read his post, but I left it for someone else to question the inconsistency. 8-)

Once you complete a grade, you're either promoted at that point to the next grade or graduated. The term "rising" is often used to clarify its the grade they're going into rather than what they just completed. Some regulations specify "started classes" if they don't want them to take effect over the summer.

It's okay to be a little anal retentive... :lol: :geek:

What? Who me?? :lol:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 pm

TM Campbell wins 3-2 on a walkoff walk with a full count and the bases loaded.

Not exactly the way I would have drawn it up, but at least the 'stache is no longer a bridesmaid (again).
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:TM Campbell wins 3-2 on a walkoff walk with a full count and the bases loaded.

Not exactly the way I would have drawn it up, but at least the 'stache is no longer a bridesmaid (again).

Those kids of his play hard and have been consistently very good since 10u.

Congratulations girls!
ontheblack

by MoeFoes » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:16 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:

let me be more specific.... Most of the teams from out of state were 96/2014 teams. The CA teams were mainly 97/2015 & 98/2016's. I believe all the CA teams can play 16's again next year next while all the out of state teams have to move up. Most of the CA girls who are dominate 96's right now or who have already committed are playing 18's. I believe that the Smith pitcher, Blanco Catcher & 4 girls on Sota are 98/2016 (14U eligible). Sorry for the confusion.
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

by #32 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 pm

NumeroUno wrote:In the winners bracket for now

GA Impact Mediam vs Beverly Bandits
Minnesota Sting vs OC BB Myers

So Cal Athletics Sota and Smith in losers bracket ..... wow

Why? SCA Sota couldn't hit? Smith is the better A's club?[/color]

still playing in losers bracket

Team Power 96
Firecrackers Blanco
Georga Impact Bass

Georgia showing up in PGF big time. :)

Update:
One of the favorites to win 16U PGF is out ....Good year So Cal Athletics Sota
Says who? No way were they considered to be the favorites? TM Megee, OCBB Meyers, Corona Angels, FC Blanco, SCA Smith, Beverly Bandits, Texas Glory were the big dogs!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch