Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Las Vegas Qualifier - Brackets Posted FINAL

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by 94redz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:27 pm

To me this is strictly a parent issue. They were all educated on the situation. I would never leave it up to umpires to decide the safety of my child. If it truly was unsafe, shame on those parents. I was not there so I can't say for sure. Coming on this board after the fact means zero to me. Did the TD do the right thing to play up until they did? I do not know. I do know its up to each individual parent to make the correct decision whether or not to let their child play, not an umpire.
94redz

by Coachc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 am

Wow, something to be proud of :lol:[/quote]

Actually, it is very impressive, whether you think so or not. To play under those conditions with only 3 1/2 hours of sleep on Saturday reminded me of the some of our Trips to ASA nationals.

FWIW, I don't coach this team nor do I have a daughter on the team. In fact, I was getting updates while sitting in my AC house in the OC. :mrgreen:
Coachc

by catcherzrule » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am

To all those who made comments about the idiocy of parents and that parents are to blame, etc...let me ask you: if ASU, Arizona, Texas, UNLV, etc...came offering a scholarship to your DD, would you politely decline because it WILL reach 100+ degrees on those school's fields? Didn't think so... :lol:

My DD was in Vegas, she's a catcher...a damn good one. She caught 3 games in that heat...she hydrated for a week leading up to Vegas, and showed no ill affects of the temperatures. Her team went undefeated and won a berth. Damn proud of her and her team...115 or a perfect 73 degrees in Huntington, coaches enter tournaments, pay money...parents support the team and their DD's and do their best to protect the health of their kid's...at least I know we do on our team and in my family. ;)

We are very proud and to those who still feel it's on the parents, I can take that...and the berth too, thank you. BTW, if the loser's bracket teams BOTH get berths, it's a damn shame and PGF could easily set up a one-game berth event in CA...near the beach of course! So Cal A's and a FC team...something smells like nepotism to me! :roll:
catcherzrule

by ontheblack » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 am

catcherzrule wrote:To all those who made comments about the idiocy of parents and that parents are to blame, etc...let me ask you: if ASU, Arizona, Texas, UNLV, etc...came offering a scholarship to your DD, would you politely decline because it WILL reach 100+ degrees on those school's fields? Didn't think so... :lol:

My DD was in Vegas, she's a catcher...a damn good one. She caught 3 games in that heat...she hydrated for a week leading up to Vegas, and showed no ill affects of the temperatures. Her team went undefeated and won a berth. Damn proud of her and her team...115 or a perfect 73 degrees in Huntington, coaches enter tournaments, pay money...parents support the team and their DD's and do their best to protect the health of their kid's...at least I know we do on our team and in my family. ;)

We are very proud and to those who still feel it's on the parents, I can take that...and the berth too, thank you. BTW, if the loser's bracket teams BOTH get berths, it's a damn shame and PGF could easily set up a one-game berth event in CA...near the beach of course! So Cal A's and a FC team...something smells like nepotism to me! :roll:

When was the last time UA played 7 games over 2 days in 117 degrees?
ontheblack

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm

ontheblack wrote:
catcherzrule wrote:To all those who made comments about the idiocy of parents and that parents are to blame, etc...let me ask you: if ASU, Arizona, Texas, UNLV, etc...came offering a scholarship to your DD, would you politely decline because it WILL reach 100+ degrees on those school's fields? Didn't think so... :lol:

When was the last time UA played 7 games over 2 days in 117 degrees?

WELL WE KNOW THIS IF THEY EVER DO THEY FOUND THERE CATCHER.........
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by ontheblack » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Putting kids on the field in 117 temps is not doing their best to protect their health. I stand by the comment of parents that put their kids in this situation are idiots. You make the top of the list.
ontheblack

by catcherzrule » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

I will consider the source on that OTB...

Oh, BTW, One for the Road...it's THEIR, not THERE...may be you and OTB can look for the spell check, grammar check, or in OTB's case, the dumba** check before posting.

:o
catcherzrule

by ONE FOR THE ROAD » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:16 pm

catcherzrule wrote:I will consider the source on that OTB...

Oh, BTW, One for the Road...it's THEIR, not THERE...may be you and OTB can look for the spell check, grammar check, or in OTB's case, the dumba** check before posting.

SPELL CHECK,GRAMMERCHECK......OK COOL GOT IT THANKS CHRISTY :o :o :o
ONE FOR THE ROAD

by as the world turns » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm

catcherzrule wrote:I will consider the source on that OTB...

translation: duh, I have no response, therefore no comeback.

catcherzrule wrote:Oh, BTW, One for the Road...it's THEIR, not THERE...may be you and OTB can look for the spell check, grammar check, or in OTB's case, the dumba** check before posting.

Trying to appear smart after-the-fact does not count.
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by MoeFoes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 pm

3 games in 2 days... 2 morning games and 1 night game... Kid must be on growth hormones & PED's... Or just well rested from the SoCal qualifier.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why I Aughta"
MoeFoes

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch