Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

SoCal PGF Qualifier - Coaches attending

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Sftbll4ever » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 am

average_joe wrote:
Sftbll4ever wrote:
average_joe wrote:I thought if we could know if the colleges DD is targeting are there we would let them know her schedule and invite them to come and see her.

Are you saying that's not the right thing to do?

Your DD should be emailing her coach every week probably twice a week right now. One e-mail should be the schedule. Next e-mail should be how she did in her games. They don't have to "RSVP" to a site to be notified of when she is playing, they just want to know that she is playing.

Even on weekends when DD is not playing, she should still be e-mailing the coaches. My kid would e-mail just to say that she woke up, had Cherrios, and was going to work out and then tell them hope they are having a good Summer or something.

Thanks for the advice!

Something else, my DD would tell her coaches when she had bad outings. This gave her a chance to tell them that she knew what she needed to work on with her coach.
Sftbll4ever

by SoCalMgr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 am

average_joe wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I talked to many coaches last week and they are coming

Thanks for the insight. I guess we'll just send out the emails and hope/expect that they will be attending.

I sent an email to 600 college coaches inviting them to RSVP but I can't make them reply :(
SoCalMgr

by average_joe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 am

SoCalMgr wrote:
average_joe wrote:
NumeroUno wrote:I talked to many coaches last week and they are coming

Thanks for the insight. I guess we'll just send out the emails and hope/expect that they will be attending.

I sent an email to 600 college coaches inviting them to RSVP but I can't make them reply :(

No problem...I appreciate the info and the effort, that's good to know.

Maybe my DD will have better luck! :mrgreen:

See you guys this weekend...
average_joe

by anonlooker » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Send the schedule and invite the coaches. The ones coming you are doing them a favor. The ones not coming you are keeping your name in front of them. Win either way.

If you know a coach is there, update them after each game as to where / when you play next. Makes their job a little easier, increases odds they will show up.
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by average_joe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

anonlooker wrote:Send the schedule and invite the coaches. The ones coming you are doing them a favor. The ones not coming you are keeping your name in front of them. Win either way.

If you know a coach is there, update them after each game as to where / when you play next. Makes their job a little easier, increases odds they will show up.

Thank you, I appreciate all the great advice.
average_joe

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch