Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Premier National Championship Fee...Really?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dodgerblue » Fri May 03, 2013 9:12 am

Well if they get to college you can see the games every week ;)
I think that it is cool to be on TV but Gold softball these days have really drained parents out of every single dime. My DD is in college and I'm still paying for 14U Nationals and everything after that. :cry:
dodgerblue

by Battle » Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am

ontheblack wrote:
Battle wrote:
respectthegame wrote:Is Premier really charging $1,700 a team to play in the National Championship in Orange County? What are teams getting for that cost that they wouldn't get for $1,200 in Triple Crown? What is ASA charging for Nationals this year?

National Championship? There are only two in the US...NCAA and ASA. Anything else is a copy cat. :D

You cantmake that claim with ASA when a majority of the best teams dont play ASA Nats anymore.

Sure I can. Now you can only assume who the best teams are. Some of the top teams leaving ASA haven't even put a dent in Nationals. If that happened to PGF, they would sink like a rock. :lol:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by exD1dad » Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Spazdad at the plate & he connects with the first pitch, going, going , going GONE!!!

Fees? of course, who doesn't have them in any industry? Right out of college my father taught me to buy a quality suit because as he put it "you get what you pay for"
"It's not giving up if you discover you've been chasing the wrong destiny" -Morley LA street artist who posted this on Melrose Avenue in Jan '14
exD1dad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm

exD1dad wrote:Spazdad at the plate & he connects with the first pitch, going, going , going GONE!!!

Fees? of course, who doesn't have them in any industry? Right out of college my father taught me to buy a quality suit because as he put it "you get what you pay for"

My Dad had something similar "Buy cheap, get cheap"
jonriv

by anonlooker » Fri May 03, 2013 3:01 pm

My dad always said "Find the prettiest girl in the room and dance with her."
Don't worry about tomorrow. You did that yesterday.
anonlooker

by jonriv » Fri May 03, 2013 3:58 pm

anonlooker wrote:My dad always said "Find the prettiest girl in the room and dance with her."

My friend'd Dad alway said "Go ugly early, avoid the rush"
jonriv

by ontheblack » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:Sure I can. Now you can only assume who the best teams are.
It is pretty obvious who the top teams are year after year after year. For you to pretend otherwise lends you no credibility.
Some of the top teams leaving ASA haven't even put a dent in Nationals.
Care to state this again in English? Are you saying that the teams that have left ASA to play PGF have had no effect on the level of quality at ASA? If so, see above statement
If that happened to PGF, they would sink like a rock. :lol:
Why would they want to leave the tournament with the best talent in the most favorable location?

Many of the top 16 teams at PGF were better than the top 18G teams at ASA. Factor out any teams that played both ASA and PGF and none of the remaining top 5 at ASA could have beat top 5 PGF.
ontheblack

by Battle » Fri May 03, 2013 8:15 pm

exD1dad wrote:Spazdad at the plate & he connects with the first pitch, going, going , going GONE!!!

It's Spaz so it would have to be slow pitch. Too bad it was past the HR limit...Batter out! :lol:

exD1dad wrote:Fees? of course, who doesn't have them in any industry? Right out of college my father taught me to buy a quality suit because as he put it "you get what you pay for"

It's funny how the conversation has migrated from "PGF saves you money" to " Hey, you get what you pay for." Seems a bit desperate, don't you think? :shock:
We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!
Battle

by Battle » Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 pm

ontheblack wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
Battle wrote:Sure I can. Now you can only assume who the best teams are.
It is pretty obvious who the top teams are year after year after year. For you to pretend otherwise lends you no credibility.
Some of the top teams leaving ASA haven't even put a dent in Nationals.
Care to state this again in English? Are you saying that the teams that have left ASA to play PGF have had no effect on the level of quality at ASA? If so, see above statement
If that happened to PGF, they would sink like a rock. :lol:
Why would they want to leave the tournament with the best talent in the most favorable location?

Many of the top 16 teams at PGF were better than the top 18G teams at ASA. Factor out any teams that played both ASA and PGF and none of the remaining top 5 at ASA could have beat top 5 PGF.

You say that as if you are 100 percent sure about that. Is that what you are saying?
Battle

by rdelawder12 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:31 pm

I had no cinco de mayo sips, too much crab meat did it, was dipping it my spiked butter sauce.lol Would like to do a geography study of the top 25 pitchers and top 1-4 hitters in D1, any volunteers to see where these kids resided before College???? LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I understand a Softball Scholarship in state or out of state is a percentage, BUT, the dollar value is important to know because it does affect the overall operating budget and a team budget is available online. So if a D1 schools budget is $500,000 a year for all softball expenses and said school took on 12 out of state athletes on a full, and out of state student cost $30,0000 per year, then they would eat most of their budget for talent, and not enough funds to play out of state or cover needed travel and equipment expenses. Which is why schools don't have 12 full ride out of state athletes on a roster, and why most scholarships are only guaranteed for one year at a time, unless it's in writing.
http://diycollegerankings.com/how-much- ... rams/2579/

Read somewhere that coaches dont generally give more monies to kids after they attend, (not that they dont, just not common) and I know of a lot of kids going on their dime or less than 30% athletic for first year and promised fulls in years 2-4, hope they get it in writing!!!
Last edited by rdelawder12 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rdelawder12

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch