Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Impact of 18u and 16u/14u split

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jonriv » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 am

What part of the motion was called as being illegal (crww hopping etc)?
jonriv

by jonriv » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 am

Spazsdad wrote:
rdelawder12 wrote:
I spoke to the pitcher this weekend and asked if she had to change her motion, she said "NO", watched her pitch against Oklahoma, Indiana, and Kentucky; not one illegal pitch was called and boy did the motion look the same. So all the illegal pitches in that game must of really changed her and prepared her to appear 7 months later in her collegiate debut. :o :o

We all know the rarity of IPs being called in college. I wouldn't use that as a guideline if her delivery is legal or not.

I watched a game last year that the pitcher was clearly outside of the lane almost every pitch and was dragging her foot across the lines when going back to the pitchers plate. I wish they would call the rules or forget putting the lines down.
jonriv

by rdelawder12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

This should be a new post, but what the heck:

Who do you predict the top 2 will be at 18U Premier this year?
1. Beverly Bandits
2. Firecrackers

:idea: :o ;) :D
rdelawder12

by dodgerblue » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 pm

We all know the rarity of IPs being called in college. I wouldn't use that as a guideline if her delivery is legal or not.

Was at Kajikawa last weekend and seen about 7 illegal pitches called over the weekend.
dodgerblue

by Goldball4 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm

It would have been horrible if it was in one game, but she did it 11 more times the verynnext game vs the frackers! Plus what did the next batter do? Hr so it would have been a 2 run shot! Still game over! Maybe mccain can change the rulevfor you through obama!
Goldball4

by fastec27 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 am

dodgerblue wrote:

Was at Kajikawa last weekend and seen about 7 illegal pitches called over the weekend.

Was it ASU Vs. Indiana?
fastec27
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dodgerblue » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 am

No, but I have been seeing the umps call illegal pitches the last 2 weekends.
dodgerblue

by rdelawder12 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Goldball4 wrote:It would have been horrible if it was in one game, but she did it 11 more times the verynnext game vs the frackers! Plus what did the next batter do? Hr so it would have been a 2 run shot! Still game over! Maybe mccain can change the rulevfor you through obama!

She didn't start the next game, came in relief after it was 6-0 and we both know the game was definetly over at that point, lol! However the umps did call 3 illegals on her in that one before the two Coaches discussed things and Rico being the gentleman he is, told the umps to stop calling it and that was it for the rest of the game. That only proved my point, no coach in a National Tournament should be able to make that happen! Obviously you were there and you'll never convince me she was hopping to deliver the ball! Once again our last two games were the most hideous and one sided thing I ever seen in a National Tournament! BTW, we never had a chance against Rico, as for some reason he has our number. lol

This is not a Pitcher that throws 16 illegal pitches in 2 games, but should of known after we beat the BB this was going to happen. lol

Feb. 19, 2013

STANFORD, Calif. - Stanford freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens has been selected the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for Feb. 11-17, Commissioner Larry Scott announced today.

Stevens earned three shutouts in the Stanford Nike Invitational last weekend to improve to 5-1 in the circle. Stevens posted a 0.00 ERA, allowing just four hits and issuing three walks in 16.2 innings pitched. She tallied 20 strikeouts and held opponents to a .075 batting average.

She tossed back-to-back one-hitters as Stanford defeated CSU Bakersfield 12-0 in five innings and UC Davis 8-0 in six innings. The Albuquerque, N.M., native leads the team with a 1.50 ERA and 49 strikeouts on the season. The Cardinal posted six victories last week, outscoring its opponents 52-0.

Stevens nabs her first Pitcher of the Week honors and picks up the 52nd weekly honor for the Cardinal. UCLA senior B.B. Bates was named the conference's Player of the Week.

Stanford hits the road this weekend, traveling to Cathedral City, Calif., to participate in the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic Feb. 22-24. The Cardinal will take on No. 13/16 Georgia, Oklahoma State, Virginia, No. 23 Florida State and Syracuse.
rdelawder12

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch