Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Berths- Returning & Invites-2013

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by respectthegame » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Are there any updates on national and regional qualifiers? Nothing has been updated in any region except the midwest.
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TooOldToCare » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:
jmo wrote:
Sftbll4ever wrote:
TooOldToCare wrote:So it looks like in the 18U division, they are holding separate qualifying tournaments for Premier and Platinum divisions. Why not hold one tournament and top x number finishers qualify for Premier and next y qualifiers qualify for Platinum? If you qualify early for Premier you are done with qualifiers. If you qualify early for Platinum, you can continue attempting to qualify Premier without sacrificing your Platinum spot unless you qualify Premier. If you get a second Platinum spot, just skip over to the next team.

Now THAT is a great post. I actually thought that was the way they would do it, but, oh well.

THAT is the way it works. If you qualify for Platinum, you can go ahead and buy your plane tickets immediately and still enter qualifiers and try and earn a Premier berth. You do not lose your Platinum berth.

HA, you ROCK!!!

GREAT!!! If you look at the qualifiers page on the Premier website, it appears that it is a separate tournament to enter. At least that is the way I perceived it!
TooOldToCare

by Sftbll4ever » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:14 pm

It is. But, you can enter the platinum tournament and if you qualify you can go and enter the Premier.

I'm sure most people have an idea where their teams are.

Although, the more I think about it. It may be nice to do the top x get premier and the next y get platinum.

Good thing I don't have to worry about this anymore.
Sftbll4ever

by TooOldToCare » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Sftbll4ever wrote:It is. But, you can enter the platinum tournament and if you qualify you can go and enter the Premier.

I'm sure most people have an idea where their teams are.

Although, the more I think about it. It may be nice to do the top x get premier and the next y get platinum.

Good thing I don't have to worry about this anymore.

But what about a team that has just missed qualifying for Premier each year. THey may not "know where they are/ THey are right on the cusp of qualifying. One tournament entry and place of finish distributes to both Premier and platinum gives you mor opportunity to qualify for Premier.
TooOldToCare

by jmo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:25 pm

The 18U tournament qualifiers are all the same as there is no separate 18 Platinum or 18 Premier tourneys. If there are 3 berths to be awarded for Premier, then teams that finish top 3 earn Premier berth and teams that finish 4-6 are awarded a berth to Platinum. If there are only two berths to Premier, then teams that finish 3-4 will earn the two to Platinum
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by TooOldToCare » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm

jmo wrote:The 18U tournament qualifiers are all the same as there is no separate 18 Platinum or 18 Premier tourneys. If there are 3 berths to be awarded for Premier, then teams that finish top 3 earn Premier berth and teams that finish 4-6 are awarded a berth to Platinum. If there are only two berths to Premier, then teams that finish 3-4 will earn the two to Platinum

OUTSTANDING!! Thanks for the clarification! And keep up the GREAT work!
TooOldToCare

by OCwildcatMom » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm

When will they announce the Invites and Returners?
OCwildcatMom

by respectthegame » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm

JMO- What about qualifiers for 12U/14U in California both national and regional?
respectthegame
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 pm

respectthegame wrote:JMO- What about qualifiers for 12U/14U in California both national and regional?

National Qualifiers for 12U and 14U are already up on the website.

We are working on getting regional information out shortly.

Invites/returning berths should be out by Friday or early next week at the latest.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by OCwildcatMom » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 pm

jmo wrote:
respectthegame wrote:JMO- What about qualifiers for 12U/14U in California both national and regional?

National Qualifiers for 12U and 14U are already up on the website.

We are working on getting regional information out shortly.

Invites/returning berths should be out by Friday or early next week at the latest.

Any clues on invites?
OCwildcatMom

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch