Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Hot PGF news right off the press

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by PDad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am

rdelawder12 wrote:On a different note:
Since 16U premier is the weekend before the 18U, can players that are eligible play in the 16U and then play in the 18U the following weekend?

I see 2 hurdles in PGF's rules:

1. A player can only be on 1 roster at a time.

2. A player cannot move down in age divisions once they have played up. Playing in an 18U qualifier would make them ineligible to play 16U.

Did anyone try to do it last year with 12U/14U?
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by rdelawder12 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

PDad wrote:
Since 16U premier is the weekend before the 18U, can players that are eligible play in the 16U and then play in the 18U the following weekend?

2. A player cannot move down in age divisions once they have played up. Playing in an 18U qualifier would make them ineligible to play 16U.

I understand one roster at a time, but a team can pick up players after the qualifiers and prior to the National Tournament, which is why I asked can a player that participates in either 14/16U premier the week before, can they pick up with a team during the 18U? As playing up is allowed in all sanctions!
rdelawder12

by PDad » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

rdelawder12 wrote:
PDad wrote:

I understand one roster at a time, but a team can pick up players after the qualifiers and prior to the National Tournament, which is why I asked can a player that participates in either 14/16U premier the week before, can they pick up with a team during the 18U? As playing up is allowed in all sanctions!

The roster deadline will probably prevent that. It was July 18 last year.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by UmpSteve » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
CULater wrote:Dear God, you people have reading comprehension issues out the yingyang.

I DID NOT COMPARE PGF TO ASA. I SIMPLY STATED THAT THE EMAIL WAS CONDESCENDING AND ARROGANT. IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORDED IN A MORE FRIENDLY AND LESS ELITIST WAY, SIMILAR TO THE WAY BOULDER HANDLES THEIR TOURNAMENTS.

It is hard to have reading comprehension on something we have not read. Perhaps if you posted the email others that have not read it will understand what you are talking about. You posted what you think they should have said but not the actual email.

Not taking a side on this one; just want to point out that it IS posted; the email is the same language as the bottom of the announcement NumeroUno posted with the event dates.
UmpSteve
Premium Member
Premium Member

by superfan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:01 am

It was revised...
superfan

by PDad » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 pm

UmpSteve wrote:
Saturday July 20: Dinner and Championship Bracket Draw
Sunday July 21: Two Pool Games for all teams
Monday July 22: One Pool Game for all teams
Monday July22: OPENING CEREMONIES
Tuesday July 23: Bracket Play
Wednesday July 24: Bracket Play
Thursday July 25: Bracket Play
Friday July 26: Completion of Bracket Play at Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley
Friday July 26: Championship Games

Saturday July 27: Dinner and Championship Bracket Draw
Sunday July 28: Two Pool Games for all teams
Monday July 29: One Pool Game for all teams
Monday July 29: OPENING CEREMONIES
Tuesday July 30: Bracket Play
Wednesday July 31: Bracket Play
Thursday August 1: Bracket Play
Friday August 2: Completion of Bracket Play
Saturday August 3: Championship Games for all Divisions

... But doesn't this 8 day schedule in each age group (Saturday to Saturday) now match the "just too ridiculously long" ASA (Sunday to Sunday) schedule?? ...

Not quite. The first week is only Sat-Fri and it's very easy for teams back East to arrive early on Saturday because of the time difference. For ASA/USA Nats, we blew Saturday traveling east and came back on Sunday.

I asked jmo about the additional day for bracket games the 2nd week. He replied "For 18U, because of the TV Championship games being all day on Saturday, we need to finish on Friday once again. This past years feat by the Firecrackers (7 games on Friday) and the Athletics (5 games on Friday) finishing at 1:00am in the morning led us to add on day. The city has worked with us with late games but would prefer us to end earlier than past midnight."
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Previous

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch