Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

2013 Qualifiers

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by Trophy Hunter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 am

If you go to Teams, it is listed as "Midwest-Central Region 3", and with the fields in IN, and the teams registered from that area (IN, KY, OH, MI, IL), I'm guessing it is somewhere in the Central Midwest part of the country, but probably open to anyone who wants to go play.

Interesting that they didn't post any announcement, since a fall qualifier is obviously not the norm.
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by cent » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 am

So, and it looks like we may have missed this one, 10u will be added to Premier next year. Interesting.
cent
Premium Member
Premium Member

by MavFan » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:40 am

I hope PGF is successful, but trying to do too much too fast has been the downfall of many companies. IMHO, PGF would be better served concentrating on their niche, which to me is the 14-18u age divisions. At those ages PGF has an advantage in competition and college coach attendance, which is the focus of teams that age. At 10u and 12u, location is the driving force as far as selecting a national, competition plays a part, but the attendance of college coaches have no influence in the decision.

To me, the biggest battle PGF is facing is the perception that it is California-centric. If the 10U age division will be 90% California teams, like 12U was, that will do nothing to help the perception.

I know Bowling Green, KY is not SoCal as far as weather goes, but it is within a days drive of most teams in the southeast, middle Atlantic and midwest and Nashville airport is only an hour away.
MavFan

by BigSoftball » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 am

There are no teams signed up for 10u, one team from New Mexico signed up for 12u, and 9 signed up for 14u. But it's early.
BigSoftball

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:02 pm

BigSoftball wrote:There are no teams signed up for 10u, one team from New Mexico signed up for 12u, and 9 signed up for 14u. But it's early.

SoCal teams arent done poaching each other yet. Give them all time to collect start up fees and Sept dues and they will all be listed. They have to - its a recruiting tool and you have to keep up with the Jones' - FC 12u Jones that is.
ontheblack

by Trophy Hunter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:29 pm

ontheblack wrote:
BigSoftball wrote:There are no teams signed up for 10u, one team from New Mexico signed up for 12u, and 9 signed up for 14u. But it's early.

SoCal teams arent done poaching each other yet. Give them all time to collect start up fees and Sept dues and they will all be listed. They have to - its a recruiting tool and you have to keep up with the Jones' - FC 12u Jones that is.

Think about that. They will put a team together, go all the way to IN for a PGF berth, get the berth, and use it as a recruiting tool to... recruit... players to replace the ones who earned the berth?

Yup, sounds like SoCal travel ball to me.

So a question, if you play in this qualifier in IN in September, is your roster locked for all qualifiers throughout the year? Or does PGF let you add new players for later qualfiers?
Ladies, if a man tells you he will fix it, he will fix it. There is no reason to remind him about it every six months.
Trophy Hunter

by B-Dad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:45 pm

From PGF site (replace 2012 with 2013):

Once you have played in your first 2012 PGF Qualifier your roster will be frozen. You may add additional players to your roster, provided these add-on player(s) have not participated in a 2012 PGF Qualifier, for another team. If a team plays in a 2012 PGF Qualifier and does not qualify, then declares they will not be particpating in any further 2012 PGF Qualifiers, those players would then eligible to be picked by other teams. A player cannot move down in age divisions once they have played up.

Frozen, but can add player that hasn't participated in a qualifier for another team.
B-Dad

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Why would anyone play in a qualifier in Sept that locks them to a team through the Fall and Spring? If a kid gets cut in the Spring, are they SOL?
ontheblack

by B-Dad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:15 pm

The way I read it the kid is SOL for PGF....

unless team she was cut from doesn't qualify and declares they are not participating in any more qualifiers.
B-Dad

by Goobie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 am

Not on the PGF website... but it looks like the dates for the Qualifiers in Indiana are set

16U-18U Premier Girls Fastpitch Qualifer Indianapolis - June 27th - June 29th, 2013
10U-12U-14U PGF Spring Qualifier - May 31st - June 1st, 2013

http://www.indianafastpitch.com/PGF_Qualfiier
Registration not yet open
Goobie

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch