Any plans for PGF 10u in 2013?

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by RoBBiE » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Any plans for PGF 10u in 2013?
RoBBiE
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Fredegar » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:43 am

10U? How about staying in Rec? Unless Rec is not a viable option in your area, why the rush to TB at 9 and 10 years old? Rec is typically cheaper, local, and gives your DD a chance to play with her friends.
Fredegar

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 am

Fredegar wrote:10U? How about staying in Rec? Unless Rec is not a viable option in your area, why the rush to TB at 9 and 10 years old? Rec is typically cheaper, local, and gives your DD a chance to play with her friends.

I'd put DD back in Rec in a heartbeat if I thought she could still get a scholarship. She played rec until second year 12U.

Let your DD have some fun. She only lives once.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by newkid » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 am

I've got two DD's 3 years apart that went through the same rec league, starting at 8's. One left to TB 2nd year of 12's and younger DD left 2nd year of 10's. If we had to make the choices again, DD #1 would've stayed in rec until 2nd year 14's or even 16's (but neither was a REAL option in our area) and DD #2 would've made the jump during her 1st year of 10's. Younger DD was wasting her time with rec, even playing up a division. In other words, every girl is different and every league is different. Forcing a TB move before it's time is just as bad as waiting too long. DD #1 plays for a 'local' team and DD #2 is on a national contender....every situation is different.
newkid

by DunninLA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:55 am

Fredegar wrote:10U? How about staying in Rec? Unless Rec is not a viable option in your area, why the rush to TB at 9 and 10 years old? Rec is typically cheaper, local, and gives your DD a chance to play with her friends.

Agree 1000%. Of course if a 10U Travel team is actually local to where you live, let's say within 15 minute drive, then then at least traveling to practice isn't an issue. But still there is traveling to friendlies and tournaments. I took my DD to a 2nd yr. 10U Travel team, ranked in the Top 10 that year, and she told me the hour each way was too much time in the car. She continued with baseball another year.

Eventually by 12U she decided she didn't like much about Travel at all, and went back to REc Allstars. Finally by 14U she realized I'd pay for college either way. She prefers softball about 10 hours per week, learned college softball was about 30 hours per week, so why work almost full time to pay for college when I would pay for it even if she didn't play/work? Smart girl. I think she'll be successful in business one day.
DunninLA

by ontheblack » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm

DunninLA wrote:

Agree 1000%. Of course if a 10U Travel team is actually local to where you live, let's say within 15 minute drive, then then at least traveling to practice isn't an issue. But still there is traveling to friendlies and tournaments. I took my DD to a 2nd yr. 10U Travel team, ranked in the Top 10 that year, and she told me the hour each way was too much time in the car. She continued with baseball another year.

Eventually by 12U she decided she didn't like much about Travel at all, and went back to REc Allstars. Finally by 14U she realized I'd pay for college either way. She prefers softball about 10 hours per week, learned college softball was about 30 hours per week, so why work almost full time to pay for college when I would pay for it even if she didn't play/work? Smart girl. I think she'll be successful in business one day.

Smart dad for not forcing her into something she isnt passionate about. Until recently my oldest kid thought I looked at softball as the way she would go to college.

My youngest looks at rec as fun and her biggest goal is All Stars. When I ask her about travel, she says she doesnt want to have the commitment to softball the oldest DD has.

Each kid is different. Do right by each of them.
ontheblack

by juandoe » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:46 pm

RoBBiE wrote:Any plans for PGF 10u in 2013?

The same question was asked by Amanda Freed while interviewing Dan Hay, during the PGF 18Gold Championship game.

Amanda: So this is the first year you had 12 under, which took place last week. Do you have any aspirations of next year, possibly adding in those 10's?

Dan Hay: Absolutely. We are going to do our best. Every year, so far since we started. We have added another age group.

I would still confirm with jmo if there are any plans for 10u PGF. Hope this helps.
juandoe

by BearsDad » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

I agree that staying rec as long as possible is good, but seeing that robbie is the 02 FC coach I don't think thats gonna happen.
:D :mrgreen:
BearsDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Kennypowers » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Any update yet?
Kennypowers

by as the world turns » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 pm

RoBBiE wrote:Any plans for PGF 10u in 2013?

Really!? :roll: Psycho softball parents :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch