Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

2013 Dates

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by 51sDad » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 am

Have they been announced?
51sDad

by bugs » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 am

Just a thought, would be nice if they did not conflict with ASA Nationals.
bugs

by LVTHEGAME » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:51 am

I agree. I'm sure there is someone in that organization you can sit down with and have a meeting with. Think is time for all to get together even if you have to make the 1st step. SoCal people seem to care, they have always helped us. Is there not someone? We want to do both.
LVTHEGAME

by PDad » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 am

I heard they're going to move 18s up a week next year to run with 12u and expand the number of teams in each age group. At opening ceremony, HB official announced they're adding a 2nd week there, although that could just be moving 12u from FV.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by Intel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:56 pm

If 18s moved up a week, that would put them the same week as ASA 18 Gold. Would prevent teams from playing both as some has done the last two years.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NorCal96 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Will it stay in SoCal? Any truth to the rumor that it may hop over to Florida for a year?
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
NorCal96

by Intel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I would not look for PGF to move out of SoCal and I really would not want them to. The number of fields and support to run this quality tournament would be difficult anywhere except SoCal.
Intel
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Intel wrote:I would not look for PGF to move out of SoCal and I really would not want them to. The number of fields and support to run this quality tournament would be difficult anywhere except SoCal.

Florida could do it- the facilities outside Ft lauderdale where they hold Rising Stars- but the weather in Florida late July/early August stinks. Hot,Humid & RAIN

Only place other than California weather wise would be like Park City, Utah(but I think that is taken) :D
jonriv

by fastpitchdad05 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

jonriv wrote:
Intel wrote:I would not look for PGF to move out of SoCal and I really would not want them to. The number of fields and support to run this quality tournament would be difficult anywhere except SoCal.

Florida could do it- the facilities outside Ft lauderdale where they hold Rising Stars- but the weather in Florida late July/early August stinks. Hot,Humid & RAIN

Only place other than California weather wise would be like Park City, Utah(but I think that is taken) :D

Said it before and I'll say it again...I love Park City! But I'm afraid they could probably only handle one age group at a time. :cry:
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm

fastpitchdad05 wrote:
jonriv wrote:

Said it before and I'll say it again...I love Park City! But I'm afraid they could probably only handle one age group at a time. :cry:

I love Park City too- great place for a tourney! Even the fields out in Coalville are pretty good. Great views, lots to do, great restaurants. We stayed in a three bedroom, three bath condo-full kitchen for $130 a night in deer valley - we were told it was $1000 a night during ski season. coming from the East- I really appreciated the lack of humidity and not having to change my shirt once an hour
jonriv

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch