Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

What about PGF? Kinda Quiet.

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by dirtlover » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 am

So I know some of us are at work and some are at the fields but it seems as if it is kind of quiet. What about the tournament? Is it going as you expected? Who is overachieving or underachieving? What have been the good games so far? My first comment the Angel vs. Batbuster game yesterday. A 1 mistake game in game one of elimination, tough way to start for those 2 teams. Any other games like that? Do tell...... :?:
dirtlover

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 am

Going on now - two solid 14u teams coached by two very good coaches

Georgia Impact vs Victory USA 98

http://premiergirlsfp.bbstats.pointstreak.com/flash/index.html?gameid=108488
ontheblack

by Getwithit » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:45 am

I have been in shock this week did not expect all these major college head coaches at the 14u. Mike Candrea and Ucla coaches have been watching the 14u teams since Friday. Right now I think every coach from the pac 12, big 12, sec and more r here.
Getwithit

by BigSoftball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:07 pm

dirtlover wrote:So I know some of us are at work and some are at the fields but it seems as if it is kind of quiet. What about the tournament? Is it going as you expected? Who is overachieving or underachieving? What have been the good games so far? My first comment the Angel vs. Batbuster game yesterday. A 1 mistake game in game one of elimination, tough way to start for those 2 teams. Any other games like that? Do tell...... :?:

There were a lot of great games, with a lot of stories and tidbits throughout the day, and I'm sure I don't know the half of them. I'll add more as I have time, but to start with a comment on the Angels vs Batbusters, the Angels were able to generate more pressure, and if you subscribe to the theory as I do that if you keep applying pressure eventually something will break, that is exactly what happened when the Batbusters pitchers threw the ball away and allowed the Angels to score. On the flipside the Batbusters were held without a hit until the 6th inning, a lead off single but the runner was erased on a DP by the next batter. Rachel Garcia was sharp throughout for the Angels and the defense was rock solid behind her. An Angels vs Team Mizuno showdown in the 16U final is probably the most anticipated game of the entire tournament, and while both teams have work to do before that game is set, they are both firing on all cylinders.

For Batbusters, it's a long road back, and while I doubt anyone will come through the losers bracket, this team has a better shot than any other Wednesday loser in any age division.

It is too bad that PGF decided not to have the loser bracket team cross-over from A bracket to B bracket, since this bracket has Angels - Knighten, Batbusters - Myers, Athletics - Smith, and Firecrackers -Araujo, among others, the other bracket doesn't have nearly as many top contenders, making it relatively for Team Mizuno to advance to the finals. From what I understand PGF could still combine play on Friday and allow the crossover to happen, but at this late hour it seems unlikely.
BigSoftball

by jbat13 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:26 pm

FC Sota vs FC Blanco yest. Great game! Sota pulling thru
jbat13

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 pm

jbat13 wrote:FC Sota vs FC Blanco yest. Great game! Sota pulling thru

Coincidentally FC-Sota just lost to CA Thunder 4-2. It will be interesting to see how far they can run thru the losers bracket.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Lil Rebels threatening to knock out Tennessee Fury. Up 3-2 and still batting in the top of the 8th.

Edit/Update: Fury eliminated 3-2. Fairly big upset.

Lil Rebels also took out So Cal Choppers earlier today 4-1 with 3 runs being scored on errors while being outhit 7-5.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by BigSoftball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Angels Tyson loses in ITB 3-2, after their ITB runner is picked off second and the next two hitters go down on ground balls. Congrats to WA Ladyhawks on the win, advancing now to play Beverly Bandits, who just beat Pumas 2-1 in ITB. Two big SoCal teams fall to the losers bracket.
BigSoftball

by fastpitchdad05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Mild upset alert: FC Brashear trailing So Cal Athletics 4-0 and coming up to bat in the bottom of the 3rd.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm

in 14s, two more well coached teams battling to stay in winners bracket, but SoCal As up on FC Brashear 4-0 in 3rd. The local SoCal favorites are all going down, with McNee and the winner of FC vs SCAs the lone survivors of the big orgs in the winners bracket.

I still think this division is won by a non-local SC team.
ontheblack

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch