Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Live Video and Audio games on www.sportnetusa.net !!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by stars99 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Relax JMO, PGF is doing great with the gamecast style for every game, it's not 100% right but they aren't professionals doing it anyways. No other org does this or even close to this. Everyone that can't make the games are glued to these things. Just tell everyone that it won't be 100% but it will be as close as you can get it.
stars99

by AM Softball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:56 pm

freetacos wrote:You folks are pretty vicious. No matter what PGF, ASA, TCS or any other alphabet association does or tries to do, it will never be enough. You want credible game stats then you better get ready to pay for it, but I bet you won't.
First to bitch..last to pay

Besides...do you really think anyone pays any attention to crap stats?

Pick your battles.

ft

Vicious? For posting on a discussion board about a problem numerous teams are having? That's not vicious and none of these posts were meant to be perceived that way. At least mine wasn't intended to be taken that way. It's a problem and I offered a suggestion. Don't take ONE problem and run with it. There are more positives than negatives with PGF and although I know the issues with the stats, I am still a PGF supporter and wouldn't want to play anywhere else.

As far as anyone paying attention to them. yes, they do. The players do and the parents that have to work, cannot attend, and are looking on this site when they get home for scores and how their children did.

Pick your battles, I agree. Won't even offer any suggestions anymore but not listening doesn't improve anything in any aspect of life.
AM Softball

by CULater » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I am pretty sure the outcome of any game was not determined by a scorekeeping error. Secondly, I can guarantee no coach took a scholarship away because a volunteer at a softball tournament failed to credit a kid with a hit.

Pick your battles.
CULater

by AM Softball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
NorCal96 wrote:The coverage is great but who do we contact to correct an error?

Is it something that really needs correcting?

So if the stats are totally wrong, does that not need to be corrected?

In my opinion, No.
It is a fringe benefit to the tournament. Who cares if little suzy didn't get credited with a hit in a game, will it make any difference in the overall scope of the week?
If you are that concerned about it have a parent with an ipad and gamechanger post their own version, that may or may not be any more accurate, or have them tweet play by play so everyone knows that precious only went 0-2 not 0-3.
It's like picking fly shit out of pepper.

Little Suzy cares. This is about the players, right? Or isn't it?

If it was the difference between 0-2 and 0-3, I would still care as I feel they should see their results accurately and in a one week tournament, even one at bat can make a huge difference in stats as we all know...but many people obviously do care, since as posted, there were so many complaints, we don't have enough hours in the day to correct them. BTW, I didn't send a complaint. I just offered a suggestion on one aspect of the tournament that could be improved.

Jus saying.

Edit: sorry, I had to add this. I decided to see if colleges actually look at these so I texted three college coaches. They all said yes. I agree it might not affect the recruiting but one coach said she actually saw a college coach, on her Ipad at the fields, looking up players she could not get to watch to see how they did. So if ONE college coach uses this, I feel it is open for discussion.
AM Softball

by OSD » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 pm

If the stats are not going to be relatively accurate, they simply shouldn't be posted and made public. A few mistakes with hits vs. errors or a skipped at bat here and there is typical with most all scorekeepers, but my DD was credited and given an entire game of pitching stats for a game she didn't even pitch. :roll: The other girl didn't pitch too bad but she still lost. In a few short weeks I'd be willing to bet that many travel ball coaches will go on this stat site to see how players that are trying out for their teams performed at PGF against some good competition and erroneous information, good or bad, doesn't help anyone. I vote(and I know I don't get one) that the stats be eliminated if they can't do a better job at making them more accurate or be willing to correct their mistakes. I heard these scorekeepers are paid? If they are, they should be doing better. I would imagine most team's scorekeepers would be willing to learn your system and collect the payment. They'd probably do a better job than a kid that is just learning to scorekeep, maybe next year? :idea:

Other than this, PGF is doing a fantastic job and the competition has been terrific. Thank you! :)
OSD
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jmo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:37 pm

stars99 wrote:Relax JMO, PGF is doing great with the gamecast style for every game, it's not 100% right but they aren't professionals doing it anyways. No other org does this or even close to this. Everyone that can't make the games are glued to these things. Just tell everyone that it won't be 100% but it will be as close as you can get it.

Thanks stars99. I do try and relax but I guess I do get defensive of the girls working the games as they are almost all college softball players. They scorekeep once a year and do several weeks of online training sessions and practice games. They are definitely not perfect. There are some very good scorekeepers and there are some bad ones too. Each year, I try to find new scorekeepers who understand the app well.

As I said, feel free to email me with corrections. I will try and get to them when all the iPads are collected as I have to find the game on the iPad that was used. It can be a difficult challenge with over 785 games on 32 different iPads.

Best of luck to all the girls tomorrow on elimination Thursday!!
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by AM Softball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:33 am

Spazsdad wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
AM Softball wrote:
Spazsdad wrote:
NorCal96 wrote:The coverage is great but who do we contact to correct an error?

Is it something that really needs correcting?

So if the stats are totally wrong, does that not need to be corrected?

In my opinion, No.
It is a fringe benefit to the tournament. Who cares if little suzy didn't get credited with a hit in a game, will it make any difference in the overall scope of the week?
If you are that concerned about it have a parent with an ipad and gamechanger post their own version, that may or may not be any more accurate, or have them tweet play by play so everyone knows that precious only went 0-2 not 0-3.
It's like picking fly shit out of pepper.

Little Suzy cares. This is about the players, right? Or isn't it?

If it was the difference between 0-2 and 0-3, I would still care
as I feel they should see their results accurately
and in a one week tournament, even one at bat can make a huge difference in stats as we all know.
but many people obviously do care, since as posted, there were so many complaints, we don't have enough hours in the day to correct them.
Time for a little reading comprehension. here was the quote
not enough hours in the day even to correct all the mistakes submitted by the teams.
BTW, I didn't send a complaint. I just offered a suggestion on one aspect of the tournament that could be improved.

Jus saying.

Edit: sorry, I had to add this. I decided to see if colleges actually look at these so I texted three college coaches. They all said yes. I agree it might not affect the recruiting but one coach said she actually saw a college coach, on her Ipad at the fields, looking up players she could not get to watch to see how they did. So if ONE college coach uses this, I feel it is open for discussion.

You are so disrespectful but it's ok. You took something and made it into something else. I don't need reading comprehension skills but thanks for that advice. I too could recommend some skills for you but I won't. I don't let bullies bother me.

I'm still going to be 100% about the players. Only players get that. You wouldn't understand Coach. Good luck this week.
AM Softball

by ontheblack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 am

I used PS a lot today and followed several games. I saw a few times where the subs were off, but whoever was keeping score did a great job of making corrections. Was the next best thing to being there.

Stats are over-rated. Even my kid, a player, thinks so.
ontheblack

by jonriv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:19 am

The fact that PGF is attempting stats at a tournament(not just scores) is very impressive. Those complaining about it need a life or perhaps some real problems to worry about. As mentioned before, I doubt any college coach is looking at them and I am sure the team itself is keeping "official" stats. Sit down and enjoy the games
jonriv

by BigSoftball » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am

Thu. Aug. 2 - PGF Championship Tournament -

16U Virginia Shamrocks vs Minnesota Sting 8:30am VIDEO
16U Washington Ladyhawks Mitchell vs Wichita Mustangs 10:30am VIDEO
16U TBA 12:30pm
18HS TBA 5:00pm VIDEO
18HS TBA 7:15pm

http://www.sportsnetusa.net/html/broadcasts.html
BigSoftball

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch