Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

PGF Live Video and Audio games on www.sportnetusa.net !!!!

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by jmo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 am

PGF is using Pointstreak to cover all 24 fields throughout Orange County this week for the 14U/16U/18U Division. Last week, PGF did all 138 12U games last week while they will be covering somewhere around 650 games this week.

You will also be able to watch or listen to live games on http://www.sportsnetusa.net.

Wednesday Schedule:
10:15 - Corona Angels Perez 16U vs San Jose Sting - Audio

12:30 - OC Batbusters Myers 16U vs Corona Angels Knighten - Audio

5:00 - Georgia Elite 14U vs Winner of NW Bullets/Sorcerers - Video

7:15 - OC Batbusters Espalin vs Winner of Corona Angels Martinez/SD Aztecs - Video
Last edited by jmo on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

by NorCal96 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 am

The coverage is great but who do we contact to correct an error?
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
NorCal96

by PDad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 am

NorCal96 wrote:The coverage is great but who do we contact to correct an error?

You can post it here.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by LaderaDD96 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 am

Game is started and still no Audio... anyone Hearing the game???
LaderaDD96
Premium Member
Premium Member

by just_adad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am

No audio. Says ip address may be incorrect or the serve is busy. :?:
just_adad

by BigSoftball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Does anyone have video of the Angels game? I have audio, but no video.

Nevermind. I could have swore I saw this game would be on video, but I guess not.
BigSoftball

by AM Softball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Spazsdad wrote:
NorCal96 wrote:The coverage is great but who do we contact to correct an error?

Is it something that really needs correcting?

So if the stats are totally wrong, does that not need to be corrected?

I know there was a discussion last year regarding stats that were not correct and when people wrote to change them, were told it isn't that serious, and they do not have time to fix all the errors. "They are just stats." Is that the same feeling this year? Should people not contact you if their stats are off? Even by 4 at bats off??

Again, I understand it is just stats but the players want to see what they have done...accurately. Maybe the scorekeepers should get with the team scorekeepers after the games and verify what is posted in accurate. It's not that serious just doesn't seem like the best answer.

PGF has done a good job making changes when they needed to. Maybe they should think about this for next year cause numerous teams are still having the same issue.
AM Softball

by Ironhorse » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm

I agree with AM Softball our stats are completely wrong. We have girls names on our roster that aren't even on our team. Watching the scorekeepers texting and fooling around doesn't seem to be a high priority for PGF to get these accurate. Also not all games were covered, if you are committing to doing something please make sure it's done right.
Ironhorse
Premium Member
Premium Member

by freetacos » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:27 pm

You folks are pretty vicious. No matter what PGF, ASA, TCS or any other alphabet association does or tries to do, it will never be enough. You want credible game stats then you better get ready to pay for it, but I bet you won't.
First to bitch..last to pay

Besides...do you really think anyone pays any attention to crap stats?

Pick your battles.

ft
freetacos

by jmo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm

First off, the stats during pool play are very difficult when a team does not report ALL their subs, both offensively and defensively even though we requested that it be done this way, teams still did not report correctly. We use pool play to train the scorekeepers. We did 138 games last week and will do over 650 games this week. As far as the rosters being correct, once again, we are only as good as the rosters that were submitted. ALL submitted rosters were copied and pasted into the Pointstreak database.

Secondly, the stats are a courtesy, Noone ever said they are 100% accurate. It is a very difficult task to man 24 fields 12-15 hours a day.

Thirdly, all but 4 games that I know of have been recorded this week. If you all want to continue to complain, then why don't you volunteer to be a scorekeeper and we will see how well you do. Unfortunately the subs are not always recorded properly. The system is suppose to do it automatically but it doesn't. You have to rely on seeing the inning in a small box in the upper right corner which is virtually possible out in the sun.

If you have easy changes, then feel free to send them to me but I can assure you that they will not be done till after the tournament. not enough hours in the day even to correct all the mistakes submitted by the teams.
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a Psycho the rest of your life."
jmo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Next

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch