Follow
Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Booted Bats at PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by watchtonsofsoftball » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:45 pm

A bat manufacturer can remove the end cap and inspect and not be illegal. Any other person doing it will mar the cap to hell and it will be noticeable (save for a few savvy people out there)
watchtonsofsoftball

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 pm

watchtonsofsoftball wrote:A bat manufacturer can remove the end cap and inspect and not be illegal. Any other person doing it will mar the cap to hell and it will be noticeable (save for a few savvy people out there)

Correct. You indicated that you "would have someone" open the end cap and remove the material. As you point out only the bat manufacturer can legally do that. No bat manufacturer would ever remove the end cap, dump material from the bat and return that bat to the end user.

So there is no way to legally do what you are saying.

Those savvy people are likely the same ones that twisted that bat through the roller when it was first tuned up.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
watchtonsofsoftball wrote:A bat manufacturer can remove the end cap and inspect and not be illegal. Any other person doing it will mar the cap to hell and it will be noticeable (save for a few savvy people out there)

Correct. You indicated that you "would have someone" open the end cap and remove the material. As you point out only the bat manufacturer can legally do that. No bat manufacturer would ever remove the end cap, dump material from the bat and return that bat to the end user.

Those savvy people are likely the same ones that twisted that bat through the roller when it was first tuned up.

AI- you may have uncovered a roller :D
jonriv

by AlwaysImprove » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

jonriv wrote:
AlwaysImprove wrote:

AI- you may have uncovered a roller :D

Actually it is way easier than this. Go to PGF, watch swings, wait for a check swing that jumps over the fence. You have a savvy dad. Seen a few this week already.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:31 pm

jonriv wrote:
PDad wrote:
Bleacher Creature wrote:DD had her Phoenix (niw 14 mo. ago.)Booted before 18HS play this morning. Anyone else @ PGF have a bat tossed?
BTW it passed the ASA compression test last week? She said they(PGF BLUE) kicked it for a little rattle……

Back to the OP's question...

BTW- I love you avatar- I saw Carlin in College in '84 (a place for my stuff)

I certainly don't share Carlin's political views, but I respected his right to think it and say it. I enjoy the way he challenged the status quo and also admired his talent - both creative and performance. How long do you think it took him to get this 'Modern Man' routine down so he could perform it without a teleprompter nor stumbling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCljFYn3zTY

Do you think PGF will change their bat policy? (or go forbid ASA change theirs?)

I think I answered the PGF question - see viewtopic.php?p=282281#p282281... Is there some nuance I missed? I'd like to think ASA will add bats that exceed their standard to their non-approved list.

The bigger issue is altered bats. I'd really like to see PGF and ASA institute bat testing in their JO championships. That would lead to fairer competition.
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by jonriv » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:42 pm

I agree with you on the altered bat- I think they are far more dangerous and unfair. Would be great if they tested at major competitions. I wonder how may "smart" Dad's would think they could still beat the system?
jonriv

by BigSoftball » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Why do you think PGF doesn't test for illegal bats?
BigSoftball

by Bleacher Creature » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

For the record.

DD's Bat was bought NIW no more than 14 mo. ago. Never rolled or altered. She used all yr. during Qualifiers(ASA and PGF) and it had a slight rattle. But as the yr. went on it got to be a little more and more. It is still not a freaking maraca. Had a UIC here look before we left out and he said it was on the fence so to speak. Not broken just basically what used to be interpreted and normal break in. You have to turn it up and then down to hear the stuff roll down the bat. Now I aint gunna lie it is hot. Not as hot as the other one she used last year before it cracked. That one rattled. It is really no big deal just bought a 2013 Insane.

What I don’t like is the variance as to the umpire’s discretion. How can a bat be good one game and not the next? Different umpires who interpreted the rule differently.
Next question.
I had mentioned the Xeno X1 (brand new blue/white) that was rejected in OKC. Will LS take that back under warranty and send me a new one? They all passed the compression test and were given the hologram sticker (turned black once removed)
"If you aint first your last"
Bleacher Creature
Premium Member
Premium Member

by PDad » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:02 pm

BigSoftball wrote:Why do you think PGF doesn't test for illegal bats?

I was talking about something beyond the usual look, hear and feel (e.g. BCT). Are they doing anything like NCAA? Last I heard they weren't - viewtopic.php?p=262542#p262542
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by fastpitchdad05 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:07 pm

PDad wrote:
fastpitchdad05 wrote:
PDad wrote:
jonriv wrote:... Was just pointing out that the Phenix(and other bats) perhaps are not illegal at PGF, but in College- if these girls are looking to play in college, should they not be using the correct bats? ie- Girl hits a shot that just clears the fence using a Phenix, might a college coach think, "wow, that's caught on the warning track with a legal bat"

Girls should be using the best bat that is legal for that event. It would be stupid to unilaterally use inferior equipment than your competition - and that applies to both the game at hand and showcasing purposes.

Thank God you weren't running the US during the Cold War - the USSR would be ruling the world if you were.

This is the problem with having political and religious discussions on a softball board. The responses that jonriv is getting after the recent Chick-Fil-A subject feel like backlash from his comments there. I suspect Ginnepwo will receive the same treatment as well now that he has expressed an opposing opinion.

I disagree with your conclusion - this had nothing to do with the Chick-fil-A thread. It was from JR reacting rudely to a gentle suggestion that he didn't follow what was posted and from his tiresome crusade to keep anyone from using the Phenix anywhere since his DD can't use hers in college games.

G will be fine as he is highly regarded by others. I don't remember anyone posting anything that was a personal attack.

Never discuss politics or religion. Best way to get ostracized and lose "friends".

Generally true and a good policy to live by.

Man I can't wait until this next election is over. :roll:

I hope you don't think there was something political or religious in my line about the USSR. It was simply an analogy about the absurdity of unilaterally weakening yourself in a conflict or competition.

My apologies if I misunderstood. I am killing time right now on my laptop at Bill Barber. They are unfortunately one hour behind schedule today.

If anyone from the Bucket is here please stop over and say hello. I'm the goofy looking guy with the Captain America shirt on (I know I know...I'll grow up someday...honest).

BTW...Oregon, Oregon State and North Dakota State are within view. I haven't bothered to get up and see who else is here.

Hope everyone here at PGF is having as much fun as this first-timer is.
fastpitchdad05
Premium Member
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch