Donate to HeyBucket.com - Amount:

Welcome Anonymous !

Your Fastpitch Softball Bible

Premier Girls Fastpitch

Booted Bats at PGF

Questions and discussions involving PGF

by AlwaysImprove » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 am

Bleacher Creature wrote:For the record.

DD's Bat was bought NIW no more than 14 mo. ago. Never rolled or altered. She used all yr. during Qualifiers(ASA and PGF) and it had a slight rattle. But as the yr. went on it got to be a little more and more. It is still not a freaking maraca. Had a UIC here look before we left out and he said it was on the fence so to speak. Not broken just basically what used to be interpreted and normal break in. You have to turn it up and then down to hear the stuff roll down the bat. Now I aint gunna lie it is hot. Not as hot as the other one she used last year before it cracked. That one rattled. It is really no big deal just bought a 2013 Insane.

What I don’t like is the variance as to the umpire’s discretion. How can a bat be good one game and not the next? Different umpires who interpreted the rule differently.
Next question.
I had mentioned the Xeno X1 (brand new blue/white) that was rejected in OKC. Will LS take that back under warranty and send me a new one? They all passed the compression test and were given the hologram sticker (turned black once removed)

It is a judgement call on whether the sound the bat is making is allowable or not. Judgement calls are always umpires discretion, just a part of the game.

Glad to hear your daughter's phenix had not been to see a doctor. My guess is there are few phenix's that are untouched. A number of the bats sold on ebay not in wrapper are already worked on, made available as older kids move up to college.

What watchtonsofsoftball was saying is: "Take the bat back to your guy." What most bat rollers would say about one of his bats getting pulled. Send it to him, he will remove the cap, dump the material, reglue in a way no one can tell. They often do it all for free. He would also congratulate you on having the hottest bats in the game, maybe in the 110 mph range.

Very glad to hear ASA is BCT testing at nationals. PGF should follow suit.
AlwaysImprove
Premium Member
Premium Member

by ontheblack » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am

It should not surprise anyone when a Phenix gets tossed for the slightest of rattles or imperfections. Its one of the bats that rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.

If PGF surprised everyone and started today with bat testing, the pile of bats tossed would be huge. They could then set up a booth and sell new bats and make a killing.
ontheblack

by jonriv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 am

ontheblack wrote:It should not surprise anyone when a Phenix gets tossed for the slightest of rattles or imperfections. Its one of the bats that rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.

If PGF surprised everyone and started today with bat testing, the pile of bats tossed would be huge. They could then set up a booth and sell new bats and make a killing.

Let's pick up some new ones and I'll meet you there :D
jonriv

by as the world turns » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 am

jonriv wrote:
93players wrote:I am all for checking bats carefully. We are talking about two different issues. The Phenix, the Easton Blue and Purple bats and the original Demarini D3s, naturally get hotter over time. It is not cheating to use one of those bats, but the governing bodies over time will outlaw them. If a bat is visibly rattling or damaged, it should be tossed. But I have seen too many isolated cases of bat rolling. Too many parents are tempted by the notion of increasing their player's hitting stats. In high school and regular tournament play, those players can use those bats because no one bothers to check. But in the national tourneys, many of these bats are tossed.

It is amazing to watch the difference in distance when a player has to use a regular version of their bat. College coaches are becoming much more careful to make sure such bats dont make their way into the team. After all, their careers are at stake.

It is in College

Wow, they actually do bat checks at the D3 level!? Why?? :lol:
“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” John Wayne
as the world turns

by watchtonsofsoftball » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 am

Im still laughing at me being a bat roller. When my dd was in travel ball I didnt even know this stuff was going on. I've only learned about the rolling/shaving from numerous posts about it on here and other sites the past couple of years. I really know NOTHING of the process. My dd is in college swinging the shi*ties of bats, so if I could roll that damn bat I WOULD (ok maybe not, they do test their bats). And mine has never had a check swing homer :?
I feel cheated. :D
watchtonsofsoftball

by jonriv » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am

as the world turns wrote:
jonriv wrote:
93players wrote:I am all for checking bats carefully. We are talking about two different issues. The Phenix, the Easton Blue and Purple bats and the original Demarini D3s, naturally get hotter over time. It is not cheating to use one of those bats, but the governing bodies over time will outlaw them. If a bat is visibly rattling or damaged, it should be tossed. But I have seen too many isolated cases of bat rolling. Too many parents are tempted by the notion of increasing their player's hitting stats. In high school and regular tournament play, those players can use those bats because no one bothers to check. But in the national tourneys, many of these bats are tossed.

It is amazing to watch the difference in distance when a player has to use a regular version of their bat. College coaches are becoming much more careful to make sure such bats dont make their way into the team. After all, their careers are at stake.

It is in College

Wow, they actually do bat checks at the D3 level!? Why?? :lol:

That's not nice :o
jonriv

by Makina » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Not sure what PGF is actually doing. But normally a tossed bat would b confiscated and turned over to the UIC. A claim ticket is given to the coach and after your team is eliminated, the bat will be returned to the person with the claim ticket.
Makina

by PDad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

AlwaysImprove wrote:
Bleacher Creature wrote:... I had mentioned the Xeno X1 (brand new blue/white) that was rejected in OKC. Will LS take that back under warranty and send me a new one? They all passed the compression test and were given the hologram sticker (turned black once removed)

... Very glad to hear ASA is BCT testing at nationals. PGF should follow suit.

I'm glad to hear it too, even if it's only at 18G. ASA Code changes only mentioned Adult Slow Pitch...
PDad
Premium Member
Premium Member

by dodgerblue » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 am

I would like to see a tournament where they provide 2 bats per field and both teams use them. In 18Gold especially all you need is a 33" and 34" and be equal playing field. I saw a check swing foul ball go over the fence yesterday (she must be really strong right :? ). Just saying. Not all but the major ones, maybe get a big time sponsor to donate all the bats? Worth, Demarini, Easton etc.
dodgerblue

by jonriv » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:05 am

dodgerblue wrote:I would like to see a tournament where they provide 2 bats per field and both teams use them. In 18Gold especially all you need is a 33" and 34" and be equal playing field. I saw a check swing foul ball go over the fence yesterday (she must be really strong right :? ). Just saying. Not all but the major ones, maybe get a big time sponsor to donate all the bats? Worth, Demarini, Easton etc.

Actually makes a lot of sense- would probably work at the college level too.

Since it is too easy and makes too much sense, they will never do it.
jonriv

PreviousNext

Return to Premier Girls Fastpitch